155 posts
  • 14 / 16
 by LARams_1963
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I know a lot else is going on but did Gurley get paid what he's due from the Rams?
I'm guessing if he didn't we'd be hearing about it.....

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

June 1st was the day. So I agree with 63 that he likely got his.

Not sure what he was whining about before.. ? The colored quotes below are in stark contrast to his headline comments considering he made them nearly a month ago.
His assumptions were ridiculous.

1.JPG

Cameron DaSilva
May 8, 2020 3:37 pm ET

Todd Gurley was released by the Rams almost two months ago, but he still hasn’t gotten the money he’s owed by the team. The Rams were apparently on the hook for $7.55 million after cutting Gurley, but because he signed with the Falcons, they don’t have to pay him $2.5 million of that amount.

Still, $5 million is still a huge chunk of change, and Gurley still hasn’t gotten his check in the mail. He seems to be growing frustrated with the situation, even saying he’s distanced himself from his former Rams teammates until he gets his money.

“I still ain’t got my money, so it’s really, forget the Rams right now. I don’t even care about them,” he said on Uninterrupted. “I told my ex-teammates that they can’t even text me or call me until I get my money. As soon as I get my money, then I’ll be cool with everybody else.”

Rams GM Les Snead said Gurley and Clay Matthews, who recently filed a grievance against the team for the $2 million he’s owed, will get their money. The hold up is likely due to offset language in both players’ contracts, but Gurley doesn’t fully understand why he hasn’t been paid yet.

He thinks the Rams might be using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse, but regardless of the reasoning, he wants his money by the start of next month.

“I don’t know what their reason is. And the worst thing about it is they know they have to pay me too,” he said. “Apparently probably just using the COVID thing as an excuse. Or they probably ain’t got no money to be paying anybody. They’ve got that stadium being built right now. All I know is, come June 1st, I better have my money.”

by majik
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I know that my top priority during this tumultuous 2020 was making sure that a spoiled professional athlete who has made millions in his career finally got his severance pay. It was keeping me up at night that Gurley didn’t get his money months earlier than the team was contractually obligated to cut the check, money that would not have been paid during this time if the Rams didn’t cut him. Now I can focus on worrying about lesser important things like the pandemic, double-digit unemployment, and racial inequality.

by Juggs
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   46  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I personally hope Gurley blows both his knees out, day one of camp. I loved the guy until this shit started. Hell, i was angry we cut him. But the more I read, the more i believe he wasn't playing because McVay didn't care for him. Nothing to really base that off of. But I would argue on ROD that i thought he looked like he wasn't into the game. Like he didn't seem motivated or that he didn't have anything to play for. I never thought it was a knee, i just felt he needed a boost....but, im gonna hire a shaman throw a voodoo like hex on them knees.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago

@Juggs if he wasnt being played because of attitude then he doesnt deserve 1 damn dime. If so that jerk's karma (no relation to Alvin) will be a real knee slapper.

by Haden
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I'm starting to think it was TG's attitude which caused the Rams to cut bait

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago

Haden wrote:I'm starting to think it was TG's attitude which caused the Rams to cut bait

We'll see how he does or dies in ATL. I'll be a sour grape if he was not injured. Especially after getting the largest RB payday to date. :roll2: :evil2:

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

was cooks dispatched too because he was a bad apple? having a tough time jumping on the fuck gurley train, or buying into the notion that he was a me-first cancer when with the rams, especially considering what goff has always posted about about him, even relatively recently... but who knows i guess...

by majik
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I think Cooks was dispatched because of his concussion history and that Bill O’Brien is a moron.

I think the Rams didn’t want to be saddled with Cooks’ salary long-term knowing that 2019 could be a precursor of things to come: namely one jarring hit and he misses large chunks of the season due to his concussion history.

• 14 / 16
155 posts Apr 17 2024