2887 posts
  • 182 / 289
 by TomSlick
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:i think white horns (especially with the curl) on a darker shell pop a lot more than the new helmets, in fact i think the white-horned helmet is the best looking lid on the wall... of course a lot of of folks really dig the royal....

z01.png

Agreed, there is something about that white horn that represents tradition, style and clean.

by snackdaddy
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:So on a side note, we should keep in mind that nerves are frayed from the pandemic and stressed from the unknown and the new economical challenges ahead.

As hard as some of the challenges are, we should take a deep breath and put the uni changes into perspective.

It was unfortunate timing to take something else away from folks now.
But like the pandemic, we will get over this uni disappointment too. For those who have it.

I agree. But the logo sucks too. 8-)

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

a couple of screen grabs from the "uniform" video posted by the rams.... it appears that having a horn sleeve was at least considered at one point, but ditched, not sure what's going on in the second screen grab with the upside down sleeve horn, unless nike positioned it several different ways to see what looked best (according to them)? videos of the process follow the two screen grabs....

a02.png

a01.jpg

by Ramsdude
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

BTW, I just wanted to say...I STILL hate the new uni and the neutered helmet horn is embarrassing IMO. Not that I am complaining or anything. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Thank you Mr. Dumoff!

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Not to bring up this sore subject again but I thought I'd share.

I had to see for myself, so I bought a stitched home Kupp and a road Woods. Woods hasn't arrived but here are a couple shots of the Kupp.

My first impression out of the box , MLS. Really reminds be of a soccer jersey. More than I had thought from the online photos.

Impression: Sadly underwhelming.

20200612_082122.jpg

20200612_082047.jpg

by snackdaddy
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't care for the number design. I suppose they were looking for a more modern look to appease the younger crowd? I'm ok with the color sequence. Old guys like me ain't too fond of the number shape. Heck, I just found out blue jean shorts are for old people. My grandson told me "You're wearing old people shorts".

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Not to bring up this sore subject again but I thought I'd share.

I had to see for myself, so I bought a stitched home Kupp and a road Woods. Woods hasn't arrived but here are a couple shots of the Kupp.

My first impression out of the box , MLS. Really reminds be of a soccer jersey. More than I had thought from the online photos.

20200612_082122.jpg
20200612_082047.jpg

Really does look MLS soccer. Like you expect to see a sponsor name on the front chest.

by BuiltRamTough
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Congrads.

Which version did you buy the $150 version?

Also, does it have the reflective material on the numbers like the real unis? I want to buy a Goff jersey and idk which one to get. There’s 3 versions. 80,100,150

by Ramsdude
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Not to bring up this sore subject again but I thought I'd share.

20200612_082122.jpg
20200612_082047.jpg

You were braver than me my friend. I wouldn't spend a dime on the new uni's because I know I wouldn't enjoy wearing them. I bought a Warner jersey back in '00 (with the gold sides) even though I really didn't like the look. I thought it would "grow on me" but it never did. I wore it 2 times. Never got the same "feeling" I get wearing the old B+Y's. I still wear my Bruce, Holt and Youngblood jerseys constantly.

The number design on the new uni is horrible and the 2 piece shoulder thing is hideous too. The only thing they got right was the colors.

• 182 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024