2887 posts
  • 181 / 289
 by UtahRam
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

rams74 wrote:You're not the only one(s) who are passionate about this stuff. Most of us are very passionate about this stuff.

Please don't tell me I'm not passionate enough about the Rams' uniforms, because that's the implication. I would much prefer the Ferragamos. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to buy a new jersey, or just continue to wear my #15 Ferragamo. What I have decided is that AFAIC, they're not that bad, they could have been much, much worse, and I think they'll grow on me over time (aside from the gradient, which nobody likes).

But this is just my opinion. Your mileage clearly varies.

I'm not questioning anyone's passion or ranking who is a better RAMS fan. I'm puzzled by the acceptance of these major changes. And you know, if there was more fan outrage about this stuff instead of the wishy washy "they could have been worse" or "I hope they'll grow on me when they take the field" the RAMS would be forced to change. We've seen it happen before. And we could possibly see those changes quicker than 5 years. Rules can change too.
And FWIW I realize I'm in the tiny minority here but the gradient in the numbers is the least problem I have with the new togs...LOL

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:It does. The paint finish and colors pop. The horns though. aaugh..

the paint finish reminds of the hot wheels i had as a kid, a great look on hot wheels, but on a helmet meant to be used by bruisers, on a helmet used in violent sports? not so much imo, in fact i think the helmet colors (and uniforms for that matter) look dainty, girlish, effeminate, especially when compared to this look:

x01.png

by LARams_1963
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

UtahRam wrote:You have five years of uniform bliss while I sit here and stew about whether I will ever attend another live game. You're looking at the schedule and guessing how many games the RAMS will win this year. I couldn't care less at this point about who they play and where.
Are you serious or being facetious?

by ramsman34
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8514  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Responding to A1’s last post:
Dude, the game isn’t old school brutality anymore. It’s now speed and athleticism, and dare I say a level of finesse. As such, the helmet represents speed and a futuristic look and feel. That’s simply what it is.

by aeneas1
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Responding to A1’s last post:
Dude, the game isn’t old school brutality anymore. It’s now speed and athleticism, and dare I say a level of finesse. As such, the helmet represents speed and a futuristic look and feel. That’s simply what it is.

the helmet and uniform retooling was done in an effort to match them to the new modern stadium, which was a bad idea imo, and something the chargers, cowboys, raiders, etc., etc. managed to resist... in terms of brutality, i'd argue that the game has never been as brutal as it is today due the sheer speed, size, strength, talent level and year-round training of today's nfl athlete, it's truly a sight to behold... anyway, the notion that if you build a futuristic stadium then you must fill it with futuristic clad players strikes me as pretty goofy, not to mention shortsighted... that said, i'm actually glad some like the new look, i mean it would suck if everyone wasn't happy with them, if they were universally disliked by rams fans.

by moklerman
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Responding to A1’s last post:
How is something from the 13th century futuristic?

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So on a side note, we should keep in mind that nerves are frayed from the pandemic and stressed from the unknown and the new economical challenges ahead.

As hard as some of the challenges are, we should take a deep breath and put the uni changes into perspective.

It was unfortunate timing to take something else away from folks now.
But like the pandemic, we will get over this uni disappointment too. For those who have it.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:So on a side note, we should keep in mind that nerves are frayed from the pandemic and stressed from the unknown and new economical challenges.

As hard as some of the challenges are, we should take a deep breath and put these uni changes into perspective.

Like Seinfeld said, we’re rooting for laundry.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:Like Seinfeld said, we’re rooting for laundry.

lol. Exactly.

by TomSlick
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:So on a side note, we should keep in mind that nerves are frayed from the pandemic and stressed from the unknown and the new economical challenges ahead.

...and now my water softener is spitting out orange "fish eggs"...

On the plus side...America is back in space. To infinity and beyond, or how about Mars after we rock the space station and the moon.

• 181 / 289
2887 posts Apr 15 2024