70 posts
  • 6 / 7
 by Ramifornia510
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Well, I have put off buying season tickets. This is more because there is a lot of logistics involved for me to attend games. I do not want to deal with canceling flights and rental cars.

I think the bottom line is NFL is too big of a monster. They will do anything and everything to make sure the revenue hit is as little as possible. I am guessing that they may restrict attendance, maybe to 20,000 or 15,000 depending on stadium. I am guessing that they could have 2 empty seats on each side of 2 occupied seats. And ofcourse face mask requirements.

Since I am not located in the LA area, I would appreciate any local updates and news added to this thread on when things are changing.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I think everyone is waiting to see how the NBA, NHL, and MLB will play out.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Mr. Sparkle wrote:I think everyone is waiting to see how the NBA, NHL, and MLB will play out.

The NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is supposed to make an announcement in a couple hours that should be big news. Not a full "here we go" and dates for games: but really close.

They're getting down to minutiae like the type of water bottles (16 oz screw top Aquafina only) and cross training athletic trainers to also be partial IT guys for the iPad Pros the coaches use to challenge replays.

EDIT: still nothing certain. But the car has been started and backed out of the garage.

And they are listing LA as a host city option.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Sounds like baseball is having issues. The owners are saying $10 billion in revenue is expected during a normal year and that a fanless half season will bring in an expected $3 billion. The problem is it sounds like the players union won't give much (if anything) on pay as they keep driving home the "risk".

Not sure if not having a baseball season will effect the NFL. My though it is could drive the league harder to come back.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Here we go. They had to crank up the economy though. No matter how bad the cases spike, they wont shut it down again. Fingers crossed that during the time everything was shut down most businesses figured out how to operate more safely.

I can see a mandatory mask and spacing rule being enacted. There are so many that just want to be normal again or think the whole thing is a trumped up bunch of bs.
It could become more dangerous to co-mingle than it was a couple months back, so everyone be aware, be considerate and be as safe as possible.. God's speed to all!

• 6 / 7
70 posts Apr 16 2024