1816 posts
  • 171 / 182
 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   17166  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, yeah, even back in the day many thought the rams' navy / whites looked too coltish, or too ice cream manish, ha ha....

Coulda been the Colts - Rams - Rosenbloom - B&W TV effect.

by 47 Gap
1 week ago
 Total posts:   107  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

aeneas1 wrote:mellow yellow
yellow.png

Every single one of your designs is better than what the Rams released. It's amazing how changing just the color combinations can make such a huge difference.

I can "almost" live with the horns.

by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   13228  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

47 Gap wrote:Every single one of your designs is better than what the Rams released. It's amazing how changing just the color combinations can make such a huge difference.

I can "almost" live with the horns.

gotta say, the horns are growing on me too... the gradient numbers, the plastic shiny numbers, the rounded font, the gradient stripes, the royal hue, the chrome helmet finish, don't think any of that will ever grow on me.....

a01.png

by DirtyFacedKid
1 week ago
 Total posts:   704  
United States of America   El Segundo
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:gotta say, the horns are growing on me too... the gradient numbers, the plastic shiny numbers, the rounded font, the gradient stripes, the royal hue, the chrome helmet finish, don't think any of that will ever grow on me.....

a01.png

The bone/yellow combo is fire.

by UtahRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   133  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Practice Squad

I don't like the bone color at all. And next to a white and yellow stripe it's even worse. There's very little contrast. It makes no sense at all to me.

by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   912  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:gotta say, the horns are growing on me too... the gradient numbers, the plastic shiny numbers, the rounded font, the gradient stripes, the royal hue, the chrome helmet finish, don't think any of that will ever grow on me.....

a01.png

I totally understand on what you are saying about the plastic look on the numbers,,,
especially looking at it up close,,, but from a distance,,, it just stands out, especially the blue and bone colors and the curve lining inside of the numbers.... and most of all,,, those Helmets are the bomb,,, with the metallic looking paint.... it looks like a sports car.... makes it look fast....

I think it will grown on you too,,,, especially when we start to play other teams and you get to see our Uni's next to our opponents,,, you'll be saying,,, damn,,, they look good... IMO :D :D :D

by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   13228  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:I totally understand on what you are saying about the plastic look on the numbers,,,
especially looking at it up close,,, but from a distance,,, it just stands out, especially the blue and bone colors and the curve lining inside of the numbers.... and most of all,,, those Helmets are the bomb,,, with the metallic looking paint.... it looks like a sports car.... makes it look fast....

I think it will grown on you too,,,, especially when we start to play other teams and you get to see our Uni's next to our opponents,,, you'll be saying,,, damn,,, they look good... IMO :D :D :D

i dunno, i've yet to see a metallic / chrome helmet that i've liked, they just look too faddy to me.... but speaking of the helmets looking like sports cars, back in the day i used to collect vintage game used nfl helmets, they were things of beauty (altho many stunk to high heaven), i stopped about 10 years ago but still have around 200+.

anyway, because they could get quite expensive when they hit the auction blocks, a couple of guys i know decided to start manufacturing vintage replica helmets with the suspension webbing, it was a huge success even at $200 a pop, they did a really nice job, and even made vintage facemasks as well... thing is, among vintage helmet collectors, it was a running joke that altho they were pretty nice the paint jobs on them looked like shiny new cars, and made them look "off", but it wasn't surprising given one of the owners was a huge vintage car collector and refurbisher.

that said, the horns are definitely growing me.

by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   17166  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed on all counts. Only difference for me is the horns are still firmly on the top of my 'cant live with it' list.

• 171 / 182
1816 posts Jun 04 2020