18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by moklerman
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I thought I'd seen everything about the GSOT but I missed this one. Not sure when it actually came out but thought it would be good quarantine material.

by moklerman
4 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

So many memories. To this day, I'm so pissed at Rodney Harrison even though things wound up working out. I'm ashamed to say that I took great joy in him injuring his knee later in his career.

Losing it like Ike when we broke that damn 17 game streak.

Sharing the joy with Marshall over the Bears game.

Damn cheatin' ass Patriots.

by aeneas1
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

looks like folks have been taking advantage of the free nfl game pass offer and screen-grabbing videos from the archive section! youtube has a way of deleting these vids, hopefully they'll fly under the radar.... but, yeah, i've watched that vid several times, and it never gets old!

by BobCarl
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

moklerman wrote:I thought I'd seen everything about the GSOT but I missed this one.

I'm glad you posted this. Made me glad I was a season ticket holder back then. I remember being at the game Trent Green blew out his knee ... Warner came in and his vision of the field impressed me, and I was hyped for the season.

I can only hope that the loyal Los Angeles fans get to have the same joy.

by LA_RAMS_FAN_ SINCE_1973
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   102  
Practice Squad

BobCarl wrote:I'm glad you posted this. Made me glad I was a season ticket holder back then. I remember being at the game Trent Green blew out his knee ... Warner came in and his vision of the field impressed me, and I was hyped for the season.

I can only hope that the loyal Los Angeles fans get to have the same joy.

We did! Same time you did. 8-)

by ramsman34
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8514  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Man, what was and what could have been. A few things stick out. Martz wanting to, but not going hurry up from the jump. Really wish he would have. And kept that pace for the first 3 possessions. Regardless of result. Faulk saying how hard it is to get back after losing a SB. I hope that is not a harbinger of our Rams today.
And watching that iconic TD toss in the flat to Az with Holt on MNF and them “chatting” at 4.3 speed down the sideline. I was in the stadium that day. Flew out from here in LA. Had great seats and watched them fly by. And I mean FLY by. That team on that surface was insanely fast.

Two of the most emotional moments in my sports/Rams life were the last 2 plays of each SB. SB34. And ya, that’s why it’s part of my screen name, and the last play of 36 - a number I hate to this day. And, a score I hate is 20-17. I remember a Patriants poster on the old RRF who’s sig line was 20-17. I went after that fuck every chance I could. Couldn’t stand him, nor his stupid sig line.

Proehl was right; a dynasty was born that night. Just wasn’t our Rams

Oh well.

Hopefully we have a season this year and hopefully Goff, Donald, Woods, Higs, Ramsey Snead, McVay et al build a new force to reckoned with now, and for years to come.

Go Rams!

by PARAM
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Man, what was and what could have been......

Two of the most emotional moments in my sports/Rams life were the last 2 plays of each SB. SB34. .....

Hopefully we have a season this year and hopefully Goff, Donald, Woods, Higs, Ramsey Snead, McVay et al build a new force to reckoned with now, and for years to come.

Go Rams!

As a lifelong Ram fan who never lived anywhere near where they played, I always wanted to see a Rams game at the Coliseum. Then after they moved to St. Louis, which was about 2000 miles closer to me, I always wanted to see a Rams game at EJD. Once they became TGSOT, the volume of the crowd was evident even on TV and I wanted to be there. Feel that going through my bones. Unfortunately, I didn't make it there until RRF arranged their first RRFest in 2005.

Fitzpatrick started against the Redskins and we lost. Surprise, surprise. I returned for RRFest2 in 2006, a loss to the Chiefs and again in 2007, a win over the Falcons. Gus Frerotte starting under center. So I never got to feel that in my bones but it's okay. The Rams are in my bones and have been for a long time.

I did get to meet a lot of people and that was great. Bob Carl (who hosted a great tailgate!!), RamsnationSD, Canuck, SonDee, Rev, Pesci (who actually sprung for the tickets.....a lot of them.....before knowing all but one other guy on the site personally), Mofo (Steve), LARF, PARAM50, CumberlandRam (who I picked up on my drive out there in 2006) and many others who's screen names I can't recall right now. So that was worth it.

Still though, I would like to hear a Rams crowd, in person, loud, boisterous and happy!!!! Someday.

by Neil039
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Watching the video brought back a great deal of angst as the second half played the 2000-2001 seasons. The broken finger(s) Warner dealt with along with the refusal to address the Patriots "game plan" in SB 36 still personally eats at me.

It is remarkable the pace the team was on in 2000. Not just saying this as a Rams fan. True football fans know that group of players were simply the best Offensive Unit ever assembled.

I sure do miss those days.

by moklerman
4 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

Neil039 wrote:Watching the video brought back a great deal of angst as the second half played the 2000-2001 seasons. The broken finger(s) Warner dealt with along with the refusal to address the Patriots "game plan" in SB 36 still personally eats at me.

It is remarkable the pace the team was on in 2000. Not just saying this as a Rams fan. True football fans know that group of players were simply the best Offensive Unit ever assembled.

I sure do miss those days.
I agree but I do wonder about that one guy's projections had Warner not been hurt. I mean, it wasn't like Green came in and stunk up the joint. He didn't have as high of a completion percentage but his TD% was higher, INT% was lower, YPA was higher and his rating was higher.

As much as I'm a fan of Warner, this was the time in his career that the turnovers started to become problematic. 18 interceptions in 11 games, even though Martz didn't care about turnovers, was too many. Warner had to be humbled and taught to not be so cavalier with the football. And that's aside from the fumbling. Once the team around him started to erode in 2002, Warner's shortcomings became all the more magnified.

To his credit though, he finally did address the issues and re-focus/re-make himself. But I think it's clear that Warner needed to be kept in check. With the Rams and Cardinals, left to his own devices or given all the rope he wanted, he would get too pass happy and make things harder on himself. In the short term, predominantly passing would have success but in the long term, defenses were able to take that away and then Warner was left without the element of surprise and in many cases without options.

I think that happened with the Rams and again with the Cardinals. On their Super Bowl run, they virtually abandoned the running game as the season went along and it took hitting rock bottom for them to pull out of their rut and go back to a more balanced attack. Which I think would have also helped during his time with the Rams. By 2002, the Rams were far too unbalanced with Warner in the lineup.

Part of that was Warner and part of that was Martz. But it was clear that when Bulger came in and they called a more balanced gameplan, the team was more successful. I have long blamed Martz for not reigning in Warner but Warner is also responsible for likely audibling out of plays enough times for Martz to just go pass happy with the calls. Still, Martz should have protected Warner from himself IMO. Not that it would have been easy but had Martz had more experience I think that whole situation could have turned out better.

by moklerman
4 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

And, rather than start a new thread about it, here's another Rams related highlight video. Van Brocklin, Waterfield, Everett and Warner are all represented and a couple of them multiple times and even in the top 10. I suppose it's too wordy but this video would be more accurately described as Top 100 pass plays IMO. Some of the "throws" weren't particularly great but the result of the play was.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Apr 15 2024