74 posts
  • 2 / 8
 by snackdaddy
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ILB will be the least experienced unit if they go into the season as is. Kiser was supposed to start but we have no idea what we have in him. Barron played a lot inside during his tenure. I have to wonder if Rapp might see some playing time in that role. Or will he primarily be a safety alongside Johnson? They're both strong safety type players so I have to wonder if they don't use Rapp in similar roles that Barron had.

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:While this young man may be a good player, I think he is way too small to play inside LB.

I get that you are thinking about filling the "Corey Littleton role", but I predict that role will not exist in our new scheme. Littleton is a very good open field tackler and coverage LB, but was not very good at consistently stuffing the running game. Given our competition with SF and Seattle, I believe that our inside LB will be bigger and a run stuffer. Covering TEs will be the domain of the strong safety. Just IMHO reading the tea leaves.

I think that our first pick may very well be an inside LB. We shall see.

FWIW, Gaither-Davis came in at 6'1, 224 lbs at the Combine. Littleton is listed at 6'3, 228.

I agree that a bit more size would be nice on running downs.

by actionjack
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

The Rams have to draft LB with their first pick unless someone blows them away talent wise at another position. I fully expect the Rams to trade the 2nd round pick for another 3rd and 5th round pick (something like that) and get LB, EDGE, RB in 3rd round.

by PARAM
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:The Rams have to draft LB with their first pick unless someone blows them away talent wise at another position. I fully expect the Rams to trade the 2nd round pick for another 3rd and 5th round pick (something like that) and get LB, EDGE, RB in 3rd round.

I don't think they have to draft a LB with their first pick. First, they have more needs than just LB and second, there's a fairly good gap between the top rated LB (Simmons) and the 5th rated LB (Davis-Gaither).

As far as LB's go, anybody have an opinion on Malik Harrison from THE Ohio St. ?

by Neil039
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I don't think they have to draft a LB with their first pick. First, they have more needs than just LB and second, there's a fairly good gap between the top rated LB (Simmons) and the 5th rated LB (Davis-Gaither).

As far as LB's go, anybody have an opinion on Malik Harrison from THE Ohio St. ?

I read up on him recently. He's a tackling machine all on his own( majority of his tackles solo). The main issue I read about him dealt with his down hill movement along with undisciplined in pass coverage. Rated out as a solid ST guy.

My thoughts are he's worth a real look with a mid round pick. Because isn't that where all surprise gems develop into starters ...at least I hope so.

by actionjack
4 years 1 week ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I don't think they have to draft a LB with their first pick. First, they have more needs than just LB and second, there's a fairly good gap between the top rated LB (Simmons) and the 5th rated LB (Davis-Gaither).

True, but maybe an argument to keep the 2nd round pick and draft the best EDGE/LB. IMO its by far our biggest need as we have literally no proven starting talent at the position. Not sure its official that we signed Floyd. We still dont really know what Ebukam is....

by actionjack
4 years 1 week ago
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:I would think edge would be first, but, we’ll see.
I don’t see them backing away from Floyd.. and Ebukam is a solid player. Can he take a step to very good? That’s a question. But he’s solid... especially against the run.

Ebukam is solid, but like you say can he make a step? Would he be better inside? We need some consistent pass from somewhere.

by azramsfan93
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:I would think edge would be first, but, we’ll see.
I don’t see them backing away from Floyd.. and Ebukam is a solid player. Can he take a step to very good? That’s a question. But he’s solid... especially against the run.

I also liked the production of Obo late last season. Keep an eye on him.

by JackPMiller
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

Could this guy be a fit later in the draft for us? He plays ILB.

by laram
4 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   444  
Starter

R4L wrote:So who's the starters? Are they capable?

Kenny Young looks like the best of the lot imo, but he has no starting experience.

Kiser is the Todd Frobieter of Rams players imo. A bunch of hype but no results. I realize he's been hurt but how good is he?

T. Howard is a bottom of the roster type and I don't see him in the conversation when it comes to starting.

So they will obviously draft some. But can you count on a rookie to start?

What do you guys think?

It’s a problem no doubt.

IF they have to rely on a drafted player there is the transition to the pro game plus acclimating to scheme and his teammates.

It’s a tall order and very few come in and make immediate impact.

Frankly this looks like a rebuild to me on defense, a lot of moving parts that need to mesh quickly.

I have low expectations for the upcoming season.

Sigh

• 2 / 8
74 posts Apr 15 2024