20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I actually think we're gonna go back to normal pretty quickly once this is over. People have short memories and we're social by nature.

But i also think it's gonna get pretty bad before we get there...

I completely agree as far as getting back quickly. We should peak around easter and between the shelter in place and hot weather it should be good to go by July/August.

by azramsfan93
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:I completely agree as far as getting back quickly. We should peak around easter and between the shelter in place and hot weather it should be good to go by July/August.

That is exactly what the models the CDC are sharing today say - actually pretty much done by July 1.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I look forward to looking back on this thread ...

Don't we already have a thread on this topic?

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

LA_RAMS_FAN_ SINCE_1973 wrote:Cruising this board over the years there are only a few members compared to other sites that contribute. This feels more like a club than a forum. The odds that everyone here survives physically is VERY high. The odds that some who are forever financially affected is all but a certainty. That is sad also. I already know too many who can't see how they recover what they had. Life has already changed for them.

With that reality check, better to be on this side of the dirt for me.

Football doesn't seem as important right now. Except for the Logos and colors. :)

Nice avatar. The end..

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Look at it this way BobCarl….
"It's all good therapy" over here. ;)
….until the first graph with body counts....then I'm leaving this thread! :lol2:

Seriously, over in safer's CABINFEVER THREAD, I just wrote a Lowell Thomas TravelGuide synopsis of:
COVID-19 IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

safer asked me what was going on up North here....
and I waxed on like a Belgian travel guide :roll2:

Maybe we needed an anecdotal virus-experience thread.....something lighter maybe.... :?2:

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Not your call Bob...
Not my call what? I'm not "calling" for this thread to be deleted. I'm not "calling" for the other thread to be deleted. I'm not "calling" for the two (or more) threads to be merged.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Maybe we needed an anecdotal virus-experience thread.....something lighter maybe.... :?2:

I'll 2nd that idea. :D

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I thought the point of this thread was rather obvious. But...in case anyone is unclear, my intent was - outside the context of threads that have become dominated by data and hard number projections - to simply mark a moment in time to remind each other and ourselves that this too will pass, and the return of football (you know...that thing this site is built around) will be among the indicators of the end of the crisis.

Call it the optimism thread. The hope thread. Whatever you want.

by LA_RAMS_FAN_ SINCE_1973
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   102  
Practice Squad

Hacksaw wrote:Nice avatar. The end..

Thanks! I like it too. :)

Quick story. That year I watched every Rams game and fell in love. After the season John Hadl had a talk near us and my father took me to hear him. After the talk there was a meet and greet with a small crowd. My Dad worked me to him. My Dad said to John that he was my favorite player in the world. (true). Then get this, Hadl knelt down to my level cause I was 11 and short and asked me what I wanted to do when I grow up. My mind went blank and I said "I want to be a QB. (exact words). He goes why do I want to be a QB. I said I wanted to throw four touchdowns to Harold Jackson.

He paused and said you know how to be a good QB? Try really hard to do well in High School. I nodded still in disbelief. Then he said you know how you can throw four touchdowns to Harold? I asked shyly how. He said do great in college.

It wasn't easy, but that motivated me to go to college. And the rest is history. I have thrown my own four touchdowns to Harold Jackson.

Thanks for listening. Ram fan forever.

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 16 2024