by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

FOR SAFER: COVID-19 IN VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

All bars, pubs, restaurants are closed.
Take out meals only.

Highways are dead, as most folks are heeding the Govt edict to work from home, stay home, keep social distance of 2 metres, do not touch your face, sneeze/cough into your arm, no assembly of over 50 people ....

essential services only to work from offices/workplaces
police & emts
hospitals and medical, of course
Post Office still working, delivering the mail
transportation companies open, moving essential foods, supplies, etc
grocery stores open
pharmacies open
Banks open
Liquor Stores open
pizza places, subway/quiznos all doing booming business
US-Canada Border closed except for essential travellers and of course all semi-truck trailerloads of goods are passing thru border everyday.

Oh, and the Govt just figured out yesterday that the reason COVID-19 has spread from Assisted-Living Old Age Home to Assisted-Living Old Age Home
is because those sanitation/healthcare workers were working in multiple Old Age Homes......and spreading the virus!! BC Govt just outlawed that little practice!

People jog, walk their dogs, but only alone or in pairs.
All parks are closed.
Gas stations all open of course.....cheaper gas these days, but nowhere to go!

One of our restaurant chains, EARL'S, had a good marketing idea....
If you order two takeout meals to go, when you pay they give you a free roll of toilet paper 8-) :arrow2: :idea2:

All in all, not much hoarding going on.....except for that outbound tsunami of toilet paper and hand soap/solvent the first few days.....
overall though, I'd have to say that most British Columbians are taking the Govt precautions/guidelines pretty seriously and dutifully.

"If we all do our own little things right, we can flatten the curve and keep the pressure off of the ICU/ventilator units" seems to be the credo.

Lemme know safer if I left anything out. ;)

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I dunno, Canuck, for as full of shit as you are, I'd thought Earl's might throw in an extra roll or two! :D ;) :shock2:
Couldn't resist!
Seriously though, it is scary, scary from the Trump update today. Looks like these next two weeks could be brutal.................stay safe!

• 2 / 2
12 posts Apr 15 2024