• 2 / 8
 by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here is my Rams Mock Draft, Version 1.0

Round 2 (52): Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

You're not going to find a pass rusher in Round 2 with better physical traits or potential. He didn't fulfill his promise in college, in part due to a broke fibula last year, but he did register 12 sacks over his final two seasons. I think he'd be a nice addition to our group of young edge rushers.

Round 3 (84): Zack Moss, RB, Utah
Would round out the platoon nicely. More power than Darrell Henderson, and nice receiving skills. Good downhill runner and should fit our blocking scheme.

Round 3 (104): Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
Big mauler for running game, and surprising athleticism for 329 lbs. Had a nice Senior Bowl week.

Round 4 (126): Akeem Gaither-Davis, ILB, Appalachian State
If we're looking for the next Cory Littleton, this could be the guy. Undersized, but fast and always around the football. Should immediately be an impact special teams player, with a chance to get significant early reps on the defense.

Round 6 (199): Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL)
More depth for LB corps. Quarterman brings size (241 lbs) and run-stopping ability.

Round 7 (234): Shyheim Carter, DB, Alabama
Can provide depth at CB and S positions.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Here is my Rams Mock Draft, Version 1.0

Round 2 (52): Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

You're not going to find a pass rusher in Round 2 with better physical traits or potential. He didn't fulfill his promise in college, in part due to a broke fibula last year, but he did register 12 sacks over his final two seasons. I think he'd be a nice addition to our group of young edge rushers.

Round 3 (84): Zack Moss, RB, Utah
Would round out the platoon nicely. More power than Darrell Henderson, and nice receiving skills. Good downhill runner and should fit our blocking scheme.

Round 3 (104): Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
Big mauler for running game, and surprising athleticism for 329 lbs. Had a nice Senior Bowl week.

Round 4 (126): Akeem Gaither-Davis, ILB, Appalachian State
If we're looking for the next Cory Littleton, this could be the guy. Undersized, but fast and always around the football. Should immediately be an impact special teams player, with a chance to get significant early reps on the defense.

Round 6 (199): Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL)
More depth for LB corps. Quarterman brings size (241 lbs) and run-stopping ability.

Round 7 (234): Shyheim Carter, DB, Alabama
Can provide depth at CB and S positions.

Nice one.

I want a RB and Moss looks like the type we need. He should also be available. But I saw one draft today that had us taking Dobbins at #52. I'd take that too.

by Elvis
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

safer wrote:With the depth of this draft, it wouldn't surprise me to see us move back a bit in the 2nd to get another mid rounder.

Snead moving around in a draft will never surprise me...

by Neil039
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

:x u
AvengerRam wrote:Works for me. Changed thread title.

Dig your heels in man! Don't let the establishment control you.

Ok maybe a little far on that one.

The old adage that film never lies jumps out to me from your original post. Some guys don't look like Hercules, Jump like Jordan or have hands like Belitnikoff but some how they just get it done on the field.

Man I had to edit my own post. I am tired from a brutal day of work but boy did I screw this one up lol

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I would be shocked if the Rams went RB earlier than 3rd round, you just cant spend that many picks at that position anymore. They used a 3rd rounder on Henderson last year. I fully expect the Rams to trade down and collect more picks the 3rd-5th rounds...

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I don't disagree that there is a high likelihood that Snead will make trades. I don't do trades in my mock drafts, though, as it overcomplicates things.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I would be shocked if the Rams went RB earlier than 3rd round, you just cant spend that many picks at that position anymore. They used a 3rd rounder on Henderson last year. I fully expect the Rams to trade down and collect more picks the 3rd-5th rounds...

I might be surprised if they took a RB at #52. Hell we would probably all be surprised if they made a selection at #52. But third round or higher for a RB, despite just selecting a RB last year in the 3rd? Absolutely. It's been done by teams before.

New England took Sony Michel at #31 (1st) in 2018 and Damien Harris at #87 (3rd) in 2019.
Seattle took CJ Prosise #90 (3rd) in 2016 and Rashad Penny at #27 (1st) in 2018.
Jacksonville took TJ Yeldon at #36 (2nd) in 2015 and Leonard Fournette at #4 (1st) in 2017.
Tennessee took Bishop Sankey at #54 (2nd) in 2014 and Derrick Henry at #45 (2nd) in 2016.
Hell, Les Snead did it in back to back years with Tre Mason #75 (3rd) in 2014 and Gurley #10 (1st) in 2015
Cleveland took a RB in the first 3 rounds 3 times in 5 years (2014-2018).
Minnesota 3 times in the last 6 years.

But it all depends on how they feel about the RB position. What degree of need is it? Compared to other positions? Hell who cares if they went JK Dobbins in the 2nd or Edwards-Helaire or Zack Moss in the 3rd. They still have 2 other selections that high, maybe more if they trade back. Do we need another RB or is Malcolm Brown and Henderson going to be enough?

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I might be surprised if they took a RB at #52. Hell we would probably all be surprised if they made a selection at #52. But third round or higher for a RB, despite just selecting a RB last year in the 3rd? Absolutely. It's been done by teams before.

New England took Sony Michel at #31 (1st) in 2018 and Damien Harris at #87 (3rd) in 2019.
Seattle took CJ Prosise #90 (3rd) in 2016 and Rashad Penny at #27 (1st) in 2018.
Jacksonville took TJ Yeldon at #36 (2nd) in 2015 and Leonard Fournette at #4 (1st) in 2017.
Tennessee took Bishop Sankey at #54 (2nd) in 2014 and Derrick Henry at #45 (2nd) in 2016.
Hell, Les Snead did it in back to back years with Tre Mason #75 (3rd) in 2014 and Gurley #10 (1st) in 2015
Cleveland took a RB in the first 3 rounds 3 times in 5 years (2014-2018).
Minnesota 3 times in the last 6 years.

But it all depends on how they feel about the RB position. What degree of need is it? Compared to other positions? Hell who cares if they went JK Dobbins in the 2nd or Edwards-Helaire or Zack Moss in the 3rd. They still have 2 other selections that high, maybe more if they trade back. Do we need another RB or is Malcolm Brown and Henderson going to be enough?

At this point IMO, the Rams must select another RB. No one including the Rams knows whether Brown and/or Henderson can play whole season as more of the featured guy. I just dont think the Rams would spend high draft capital on a RB after getting burned on the Gurley contract. I am also not a big fan of Edwards-Helaire, not a difference maker IMO. Maybe Zack Moss is the guy in the 3rd round.

• 2 / 8
75 posts Apr 16 2024