12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Seriously, I looked up his sacks over 4 years with Da Bears, and he averages 4.5 per year.
Sheit, why didn't we just promote Obo, who has a lot of upside as a rusher?
What is it in Floyd's game (outside of his having played for our new DC in Chicago) that even remotely merits this type of salary?
The more I think about this (And God knows we all have too much time to do that! :( ) I don't understand why we didn't pursue a quality starting Olinemen for that amount.
There, I've done it!!
Now Floyd will make the Pro-Bowl, four years running so you can all stick this up my arse!! :D ;)
PS--If this has already been kicked around ad nausiam, I'm threatening to send in poetry if not one of you surly bastards (Red Alice, YOU are excluded, dear!) responds to this!!

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Turns out LBs do more than just sack QBs...

Seriously...they are paying a short term premium based on his potential.

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Avenger, I realize that he may prove to be very strong in the run game. But, I'm still trying to comprehend why we would pay him almost Fowler type money when he has done considerably less. That, plus, guys like Obo, and Samson have shown us solid improvement in '19. Obviously, our staff knows much more than I.
Just seems like we overpaid, especially when this guy HAS to know playing next to Aaron D. could make him a boatload of money. Where else would he want to play if he's looking for a big contract in 21?

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

When we paid Fowler $14M last year, he had only 16 total sacks in 3 years. He rewarded us with 11.5.

We’re paying Floyd $10M. Maybe he’ll reward us too.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:Seriously, I looked up his sacks over 4 years with Da Bears, and he averages 4.5 per year.
Sheit, why didn't we just promote Obo, who has a lot of upside as a rusher?
What is it in Floyd's game (outside of his having played for our new DC in Chicago) that even remotely merits this type of salary?
The more I think about this (And God knows we all have too much time to do that! :( ) I don't understand why we didn't pursue a quality starting Olinemen for that amount.
There, I've done it!!
Now Floyd will make the Pro-Bowl, four years running so you can all stick this up my arse!! :D ;)
PS--If this has already been kicked around ad nausiam, I'm threatening to send in poetry if not one of you surly bastards (Red Alice, YOU are excluded, dear!) responds to this!!

We did pursue and sign a quality OL.....Whitworth. We got our C back too!! Obo will get his snaps and if he produces he'll play more. Ebukam is under rated IMHO. He'll get his snaps too. But I think the big pickup will be Robinson in the middle. I was watching the 2017 season opener.....wanted to remember how the guys looked.....some in their first game for the Rams.....some Rams for the their first game under McVay. Aaron Donald didn't play (IIRC the holdout delayed his appearance). Tyrrun Walker was a beast in the middle. We now have another big guy to play there. It should help. I've also watched a few Bears games (2018 with Floyd under Staley as LB coach). He didn't impress me but maybe there was a reason. Surely Staley believes he can help his D.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Well, our defense was not very good. And the run defense was even worse. Floyd's been pretty good in run defense. We got Robinson to help the line with run defense. Brockers is returning. Maybe Floyd will fare better when our run defense is better and forces teams to be more predictable? Besides, its a one year deal. We can move on if it doesn't work like we thought. And its not like Kalil Mack and Von Miller were available.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Besides Pennsylvania's "Staley Factor" regarding the justification of the $10 Mil Contract for Leonardo Di Floyd by Los Ramos, which I agree with BTW :o ....let us also recall snackdaddy's prophetic insight too eh...
IE. "yo guys, let us recall that our D sucked versus the Run!!!"....or words to that effect ;)
....which I also concur with. :idea2:

My input is this:
Question: What did Leonardo Di Floyd do for a living last year?
Answer: He was a starting OLB with the 2019 Chicago Bear D.
Question: How did the 2019 Bears D stack up against the rest of the NFL?

2019 BEARS D TALE-OF-THE-TAPE
TOTAL YDS PER GAME...324.1 // 10TH
PASS YDS PER GAME.....222.0 // 9TH
RUSH YDS PER GAME....102.0 // 9TH
POINTS ALLOWED/GAME....18.6 // 4TH :shock2: ONLY PATS, BILLS, RAVENS BETTER
TOTAL IST DOWNS ALLOWED...306 // 10TH
3RD DOWN PERCENTAGE MADE...36.4 // 9TH
AND THE MOST CRITICAL CATEGORY FOR PA AND ME;) :arrow2: :lol2:
YARDS PER CARRY ALLOWED: 3.9 YPC TIED FOR 4TH :shock2: ONLY TB, NYJ with 3.3 YPC, AND PITTSBURGH with 3.8 WERE BETTER

Suffice it to say that Mr. Floyd was part of an Uber-Consistent TOP TEN NFL D IN 2019......something Los Ramos have not been able to crack on D....IE. Top Ten honors!!! :idea2:

Hope you all feel better about the Leonardo Di Floyd signing now!! ;) :arrow2: :D

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Oh yeah.....

one thing about that Top Ten 2019 Bears Defence????

I do not think that Leonard Floyd was ever a Bears Team Captain in 2019 :? :arrow2: :(

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Canuck! I'm picturing you with the worst case of cabin fever on this board! :shock2:
All that snow and no hockey either? Sheit, hope you're well stocked with booze and TP!
How are things up in the North? Has COVID-19 hit your area like many of ours?

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 16 2024