37 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by AvengerRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Sorry for your losses. Everyone stay safe.

by Ramsdude
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

R4L wrote:Hope everyone and their families are staying healthy and doing well.

It's been a rough time for everyone. The virus has already taken 2 of my family members. My Grandma, who was 96, and my uncle who was 56.

My wife still works at Walmart. I'm afraid she'll get it and we have a little one at home.

You can't enter the hospital in the area unless they take your temp, outside. The shelves are bare at pretty much every store.

I've lived 50 years and never have I seen anything like this.

People are idiots though. I see people driving by my house with a truck load of kids in the back. Like that's why closed school.

I'm not sure how this will turn out but it isn't a good time for America.

Sorry to hear about your losses my friend. Things will get better. They always do. This will change a lot of peoples lives forever but we will carry on and become stronger for going through this.

Stay safe brother!

by Lancer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   167  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

R4L That is awful to hear; please take care of what you can control & do the best to manage.

Dick84 & safer, do you happen to know what the PPE status is like at the facilities yr family/cared for ones are working at?

I ask bc I did share some info/personal experience with /zn/ in private message (/ZN/ did you see my reply btw?) in case that might be of issue. Please feel free to msg privately.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So sorry for the loss of your grandmother and uncle. This thing sucks. Its deadly to the most vulnerable in our society. So far no one I know is positive for the virus. We're up to ten confirmed cases in our county. Pretty light so far. But it would be naive to think there aren't a lot more walking around who have it but don't know it yet.

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

That is terrible to hear, I pray you dont have any more tragic things happen.

There is always that element that tries to ruin it for the rest of us, but I do think we will get this licked sooner than later. Experts now expect Italy to be mostly virus free by early May, they are slowing down. There will be parts of the US that will have major issues, but all in all we will beat this, I expect June 1st we will have beaten most of it.

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:I;m genuinely sorry to hear that man. My condolences for your losses. My wife is an RN so I understand the continuing concerns. Do what you can and time will sort this out.

Thanks zn. Hope you're wife stays safe

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You guys are like my family and I hope you all stay well and don't have to confront this.

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Ramsdude wrote:Sorry to hear about your losses my friend. Things will get better. They always do. This will change a lot of peoples lives forever but we will carry on and become stronger for going through this.

Stay safe brother!

Thanks bro. To you and yours also.

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:I'm so sorry to hear of your family losses @R4L. Gods speed to you and yours!!
Can your wife take the next few weeks off to miss the exponential growth window in front of us? Hopefully she is in possession of proper safety gear.

This is an unprecedented world event with no end in sight. We should all plan on months of this so everyone needs to slow down, have patience and stay clean. A remedy will come but until it does this is our new reality.
I fear things may never be quite the same again.

Meanwhile let's all be kind to each other by taking care of ourselves.

Gods speed to everyone.

She has to work because they are open I guess. They are starting to take everyone's temp that goes to work. Thanks Hack

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Lancer, I'm not sure exactly what PPE means.
I own a VRBO (that is now shut down). I've decided to rent it out for the next 6-12 months while this settles down. I'm also self-employed, so I'm hangin' out at home. I live just outside the small Cali town of Solvang. What was scary here is that many, many thousands of Chinese tourists came here recently, but apparently they weren't from the Wuhan region.
We only have two known cases here in our valley of about 25,000.
Stay safe!

• 2 / 4
37 posts Apr 19 2024