617 posts
  • 29 / 62
 by TomSlick
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Bottom line, I guess it could be worse. It def could be better.

Now if that “LA” logo is what ends up on the helmet.....

Oh boy. That would be a MASSIVE PR and marketing blunder.

If they take the horns off the helmet, I immediately become a 49er fan out of spite.

All I want to see on the helmets are the horns...no "LA", no RAM head, just horns...and make 'em wide.

by TomSlick
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

UtahRam wrote:They can't be that stupid. They just can't.

After seeing the new logo...I wonder.

by R4L
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

These people pensioning to change the logo are pissing up a pine stump imo. They have already sold a ton of gear with the new logo and I don't see them changing it.

by Elvis
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

R4L wrote:These people pensioning to change the logo are pissing up a pine stump imo. They have already sold a ton of gear with the new logo and I don't see them changing it.

I don't either.

I'm not thinking "Rams" when i see it, yet, but i suppose i will...

by moklerman
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:These people pensioning to change the logo are pissing up a pine stump imo. They have already sold a ton of gear with the new logo and I don't see them changing it.
Of course they won't change it. Regardless of the feedback, any change they would make would be admitting they made a mistake.

Which isn't something that is done by someone who thought the logo was perfect from the very beginning. Their only play now is to ignore the criticism and act as if it's a great logo.

But aside from the subjective, this will remain a plagiarized, unprofessional level looking logo with a giant phallic on it. There are a variety of not only legitimate reasons for change but potentially legal ones. To keep what they've got is simply a case of hubris or spite.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Mods, forgive me/remove if this has been posted. I didn't see it.

Here are some uni mockups from a random Redditor. Not a bad jersey concept and I know some of you will like the full horn on the shoulders. The horns on the helmet need to be wider and follow the top of the helmet more too.

by UtahRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

That twisty horn on the helmet is terrible. It doesn't even look like a horn.

by aeneas1
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

talk about the horns looking like insect antennae, yikes, that mock-up looks like it's for a team named the hornets... and more of that abbreviated horn look, that doesn't curl up and around at the bottom, sure hope that's not what the rams are planning... also, enough of the horn on sleeve mock-ups, it's cheating, nfl jersey sleeves are by and large not that size, they're much more abbreviated, which is why the stab at horn sleeves has always looked goofy in recent years... and no sleeve / shoulder pad numbers? iirc that's a league requirement, jerseys must have "camera" numbers on the sleeve or shoulder.

01.png

by UtahRam
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

aeneas1 wrote:talk about the horns looking like insect antennae, yikes, that mock-up looks like it's for a team named the hornets... and more of that abbreviated horn look, that doesn't curl up and around at the bottom, sure hope that's not what the rams are planning... also, enough of the horn on sleeve mock-ups, it's cheating, nfl jersey sleeves are by and large not that size, they're much more abbreviated, which is why the stab at horn sleeves has always looked goofy in recent years... and no sleeve / shoulder pad numbers? iirc that's a league requirement, jerseys must have "camera" numbers on the sleeve or shoulder.

01.png

Okay, now I can't get the insect antennae comparison out of my head...lol And I agree the curl needs to continue. Hopefully this is all a moot point and we get a thicker, classic horn on the helmet.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If the Rams are monitoring the reaction of their changes they must have seen that their choices arent going over well. It's probably to late to back out of the logo business this year. Perhaps a tweak in the not so distant future?

But the unis and helmets aren't revealed yet soo.... They are likely set on the unis but the helmet horns would be cake to leave alone. Then all we'd have to grip a out is how wind they are or aren't.
Fingers crossed they get this one right.....

• 29 / 62
617 posts Apr 16 2024