30 posts
  • 3 / 3
  • 1
  • 3
 by Mr. Sparkle
2 months ago
 Total posts:   448  
 Joined:  Nov 28 2017
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Starter

Rams org are not alone in this strange time. Many groups are trying to figure out how to handle this fairly.
I heard there was even debate to flat out cancel the MLB season and not pay any of the players; only what they have already practiced etc...
Was bad timing as I made a choice to pay my SSL I full right before this got bad. I really wish I did not and even if we don’t have to pay for tickets, this is a “lost” season but they still have my SSL money.
Not sure what the solution would be.

 by Elvis
2 months ago
 Total posts:   25710  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Rams org are not alone in this strange time. Many groups are trying to figure out how to handle this fairly.
I heard there was even debate to flat out cancel the MLB season and not pay any of the players; only what they have already practiced etc...
Was bad timing as I made a choice to pay my SSL I full right before this got bad. I really wish I did not and even if we don’t have to pay for tickets, this is a “lost” season but they still have my SSL money.
Not sure what the solution would be.


I can't believe i forgot but i also paid my SSLs in full, didn't wanna go down the interest rabbit hole.

I'm sure if this becomes a lost season, or we end up playing elsewhere in 2020 they'll do something for us, i mean i'm pretty sure...

 by ramsfansunited2020
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1  
 Joined:  Mar 29 2020
Great Britain   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I am a new member here, my first post. It's a great forum.

I just purchased my Rams season tickets for the first time, a couple of weeks ago, and my PSL fee is due March 2021.

My main wish (and for all the fans) is for the NFL season to get underway and for the Rams to play at SoFi, but with Covid 19 there are unknowns. The decision to offer financial reimbursement or credits for games, which are not being able to played with sufficient spectators is welcomed, but of course we want the season to be played out as planned.

With the PSLs I believe that if the season is disrupted there should be a moral reason to extend the license by an extra year, but again we wait on news on how the virus plays out. Hopefully, spectator sports and society goes back to functioning normally in the near future. The extent to which the Covid-19 will affect future attendances, and season tickets sold, we don't know. There may be partial dip in the future season, but hopefully good football played by the Rams and the excitement of the new stadium will drive season ticket sales and attendances.

Coming from the UK we don't have PSLs, so I had to do a lot of research and planning in order to purchase my PSLs and season tickets. I believe that the long-term benefit of having a PSL and having access to Rams games and pre-sales to other events are a great benefit especially over many future years.

I guess paying the PSL off interest free can be also a nice bonus, especially if it's an expensive PSL, although the payment plans do allow you multiple years to pay it off with extra interest. It will be interesting to see how these numbers (season ticket sales, attendances etc.) go. Hopefully the Rams will get a good following next season.

 by DirtyFacedKid
2 months ago
 Total posts:   704  
 Joined:  Oct 28 2016
United States of America   El Segundo
Veteran

Maybe they can find a way to limit seating at each game and allow each season ticket holder X amount of games this season to attend and then refund the rest. For instance...

Stagger available seating (checkboard style) so that there's 6ft between each available seat. If you're in Section 309, Row 3 (like me) you'll be assigned x amount of games at which you can attend and be able to select an available seat on that row (or section). If they limit the available tickets to these games this season to season ticket holders only, I bet they could pull it off. The team gets some fans at each game and we get a couple of games to watch in person as well. Refunds for the rest.

 by LARams_1963
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1007  
 Joined:  Aug 04 2016
United States of America   Huntington Beach
Pro Bowl

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Maybe they can find a way to limit seating at each game and allow each season ticket holder X amount of games this season to attend and then refund the rest. For instance...

Stagger available seating (checkboard style) so that there's 6ft between each available seat. If you're in Section 309, Row 3 (like me) you'll be assigned x amount of games at which you can attend and be able to select an available seat on that row (or section). If they limit the available tickets to these games this season to season ticket holders only, I bet they could pull it off. The team gets some fans at each game and we get a couple of games to watch in person as well. Refunds for the rest.
I would imagine that if Covid is still a concern come July the season will be postponed or cancelled. It just makes sense seeing what the other Pro sports have done. Regardless of how you would try to space folks, that many in a small area is taboo as of right now. Choke points at gates, concessions, bathrooms, etc.... Let alone seats.

 by Elvis
2 months ago
 Total posts:   25710  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Assuming seats are 2 feet apart (is that right?) that would mean 1/3 attendance give or take.

Some of the stuff i'm seeing makes me think this will be over in June so maybe it will be business as usual by camp and the season? Hard to imagine now, but maybe. And, of course, things change...

 by St. Loser Fan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4689  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Assuming seats are 2 feet apart (is that right?) that would mean 1/3 attendance give or take.

Some of the stuff i'm seeing makes me think this will be over in June so maybe it will be business as usual by camp and the season? Hard to imagine now, but maybe. And, of course, things change...


But does this NFL care if the NBA/NHL continue into August and MLB goes to late November/December?

Plus look at the once a year events (Kentucky Derby etc) that have been punted to September. Do those bother the NFL and play into their schedule decisions?

 by DirtyFacedKid
2 months ago
 Total posts:   704  
 Joined:  Oct 28 2016
United States of America   El Segundo
Veteran

There's an expected uptick in Coronavirus infections in the fall/winter, just like with influenza.

 by St. Loser Fan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4689  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Again, I haven't gotten my weekly email from the Rams trying to get me to buy season tickets.

 by MrIndian
2 months ago
 Total posts:   9  
 Joined:  Jan 02 2019
United States of America   SoCal
Undrafted Free Agent

The scenario that I see: Coming this summer:
To get the economy back on track:
Social Isolation will be a factor until a Vaccine is available. Until that vaccine:
Business are allowed to re-open
Restaurants are allowed to use 50% capacity
Schools will re-open - lecture halls will not be allowed for greater than 50 students
Concerts - Cancelled
Sports - No audience allowed - will Become PPV with some being broadcast

Even the above will have a profound effect on our economy. Millions unemployed, hotel workers, ticket takers, ushers, etc It's just crazy to think this is happening yet it is!

Without a vaccine that will prevent you from getting sick and possibly being put to rest 6ft underground, do you really want to attend a sporting event with 70,000 of your closest friends? How about a fan from the opposing team feels a bit sick and figures I'll just give my COVID-19 to the home fans.....

The way I see it the world will not start leaning back towards normalcy until that VACCINE gets found, approved, manufactured, and delivered to all citizens.

On the other end of the spectrum maybe heat of summer will be our savior. But that doesn't help for those Nov/Dec games?

One other thing to look at: Our local school district is doing online studies for the students. They sent out equipment requests. They received 5000 requests for WIFI hotspots for students that do not have internet at home. The district only had 1,000 hotspots. So they need to order 4,000! But they are made in China and with China saying they are open for business you are still looking at 3-4 months to get the hotspots delivered. And this is only one district out of thousands in the USA that need this equipment. The last time the district gave students chromebooks to take home, they only received 10% back in operational order at the end of the school year.
Just saying we have a lot of stuff that needs to be figured out quick!

Hopefully there will be a cure/vaccine sooner than later so life can return as we once knew it.

  • 3 / 3
  • 1
  • 3
30 posts May 31 2020