130 posts
  • 12 / 13
 by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Fuch!!!

Are we strapped or falling out of favor?

Will find another kicker, Z wasn’t worth big money at this point.

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I dunno. Several pretty good teams paid a big price for trying to save relatively small amounts of money signing a cheaper kicker. Ask Da Bears.........and Bucs....and then the Niners tried that on Gould and wised up when the Bears tried to sign him back.
I'm afraid we will regret this, as well as letting Bones walk. He, to me, is a top 3 ST coach in the league.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Still dont know why the jettisoned Bones. Perhaps there was a smell of Fish. Perhaps that fake did him in.

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

safer wrote:I dunno. Several pretty good teams paid a big price for trying to save relatively small amounts of money signing a cheaper kicker. Ask Da Bears.........and Bucs....and then the Niners tried that on Gould and wised up when the Bears tried to sign him back.
I'm afraid we will regret this, as well as letting Bones walk. He, to me, is a top 3 ST coach in the league.

Im much more worried about losing Bones vs losing Z. IMO Z was on the downside of career and his back has become a yearly issue. So far what I can tell of the new special teams coach, he looks like a hard ass, hope he can relate to the players.

by azramsfan93
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

safer wrote:I dunno. Several pretty good teams paid a big price for trying to save relatively small amounts of money signing a cheaper kicker. Ask Da Bears.........and Bucs....and then the Niners tried that on Gould and wised up when the Bears tried to sign him back.

I think Zeurlein's best days are behind him. As noted previously, he was 5-11 from 40-49 yards, and his miss at Seattle can easily be definitively pointed to as the ONE PLAY that caused us to miss the playoffs.

I think McVay let Greg go because of that miss, and he let Bones go because of that fake. He was ready for a change.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Just find a kicker that you can count on under 50 yards. Having one that can kick 60 plus is nice but if he's not reliable on the shorter ones it only offsets the occasion long one. And get your special teams to cover well enough while taking care of the ball on returns. Don't have to be top 5 in return yards for and against. Just don't give up a game changing play.

by actionjack
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:

Underrated low cost move. I like Donte, nice to keep some guys that can backup the slot and play teams.

by actionjack
4 years 2 days ago
Superstar

New kicker, dont have to waste a draft pick now, whoop whoop

Gary Klein
@LATimesklein
·
1h
Rams agreed to terms with former CFL kicker Lirim Hajrullahu and former XFL kicker Austin MacGinnis, the team announced.

by Ramsdude
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Rams rework Rob Havenstein’s deal to create more cap space
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/24/rams-rework-rob-havensteins-deal-to-create-more-cap-space/

Posted by Charean Williams on April 24, 2020, 4:33 PM EDT
The Rams have reworked offensive tackle Rob Havenstein‘s contract to create salary cap space.

Field Yates of ESPN reports the team converted $2.34 million of Havenstein’s base salary into a signing bonus. That creates $1.56 million in additional salary cap room for 2020.

The Rams needed the space to accommodate the signings of Leonard Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson.

Havenstein signed a four-year, $32.5 million contract extension with the Rams before the 2018 season.

Havenstein, who turns 28 next month, has started 68 games in five seasons. The Rams made him a second-round choice in 2015.

• 12 / 13
130 posts Apr 16 2024