10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by JackPMiller
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ard-floyd/

Will Rams choose between Michael Brockers, Leonard Floyd?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 27, 2020, 8:17 PM EDT

The COVID-19 procedures have created a wild west dynamic in the NFL, and things could still get even wilder for one of the teams of the NFC West.

The Rams are low on cap space, and they have pending deals with former Bears linebacker Leonard Floyd and nearly Ravens defensive lineman Michael Brockers. With the Floyd deal still not finalized, the Rams worked out a deal with Brockers, whose unsigned agreement with the Ravens fell through. Currently, both Floyd and Brockers are technically unsigned by the Rams, while they await physicals. Before those physicals are passed and the contracts become effective, the Rams will have to create cap space in order to fit both players onto the active roster.

It’s a loophole that has allowed the Rams to squat on both players while figuring out the best way to manage the cap and absorb the contracts. Or maybe, as some are wondering, the Floyd deal will be scrapped, now that Brockers is back, with a three-year, $31.5 million contract.

And it would be easy to avoid the Floyd deal, which pays out $10 million for one year. Rams doctors need to simply conclude that he can’t pass a physical.

Also caught up in this potential mess is free-agent defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, whose two-year, $17 million contract has not been signed.

However it plays out, the Rams are benefiting from the turbulent atmosphere engulfing normal NFL business, one that has allowed agreements in principle to be struck and to be held indefinitely in limbo until proper physicals can be administered. By the time that the COVID-19 pandemic eases to the point that physicals can occur, the Rams will either create cap space elsewhere (if players with existing contracts will agree to restructure), or the Rams will simply keep only one or two of the three players, telling Brockers and/or Floyd and/or Robinson that their deals won’t be finalized, with the failed physical providing the quick and easy “get out of jail free” card.

by Ramifornia510
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   42  
United States of America   Oakland, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Interesting. I hope Goff restructures. That would be best case scenario and would say a lot about him being a team 1st guy and a true leader.

by safer
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

If we have to give up one, I'd go with Floyd. He's getting crazy money for the little that he has done so far.

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Ramifornia510 wrote:Interesting. I hope Goff restructures. That would be best case scenario and would say a lot about him being a team 1st guy and a true leader.

Snead spoke like he didn't want Goff to restructure. Only makes matters worse down the road.

by 69RamFan
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3170  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

If we had to make a choice,,,

I would pass on Robinson with his 17mil/2yr contract...

From viewing his tapes, I wasn't really that impressed....

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:If we had to make a choice,,,

I would pass on Robinson with his 17mil/2yr contract...

From viewing his tapes, I wasn't really that impressed....

I'd go with releasing Floyd. Watched a few Bears games just to check him out and he was unspectacular. A big man in the middle is what we need. And the cap hit is lower.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

If we have to jettison either Leonardo 1stRounderDisappointment Floyd at $10 million for 2020...OR...

A'Shawn BamaBigUglee Robinson at $8.5 Million for 2020....

then I say cut Leonardo Di Floyd, and tell Staley to take a hit for the team! :idea2:

…..but I suspect McSnead figure out a way to keep both.....and let Staley get his old Bears player Floyd buying into his New D Scheme. 8-)

by 69RamFan
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I'd go with releasing Floyd. Watched a few Bears games just to check him out and he was unspectacular. A big man in the middle is what we need. And the cap hit is lower.

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree...

I scanned and watched vids on both players from their first year to present,,,

By far Floyd is better at his position than Robinson at his position...

As far as the cap hit,,, I'm not sure what you're looking at...

I'm not sure if Robinson has signed his contract yet or not... but if he didn't ??

As far as the money is concern.... guarantee money,,, 10mil for Floyd and 9.5mil for Robinson and can let him go after one year...

Half a mil it not a big deal to me if it came down between the both of them....

by PARAM
4 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:Well we are going to have to agree to disagree...

I scanned and watched vids on both players from their first year to present,,,

By far Floyd is better at his position than Robinson at his position...

As far as the cap hit,,, I'm not sure what you're looking at...

I'm not sure if Robinson has signed his contract yet or not... but if he didn't ??

As far as the money is concern.... guarantee money,,, 10mil for Floyd and 9.5mil for Robinson and can let him go after one year...

Half a mil it not a big deal to me if it came down between the both of them....

I'm fine with your assessment. I'm actually fine with either guy. I've love to keep both. But the cap hit I was talking about was Floyds is bigger than Pattersons...I wasn't talking about dead money.

by 69RamFan
4 years 2 weeks ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I'm fine with your assessment. I'm actually fine with either guy. I've love to keep both. But the cap hit I was talking about was Floyds is bigger than Pattersons...I wasn't talking about dead money.

Oh ok,,, gotcha….

That I would agree with you,,, on keeping both... just better depth for the team...

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024