1326 posts
  • 81 / 133
 by SWAdude
1 week ago
 Total posts:   2409  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:US deaths just blew past 1000.. at 1031. At increasing rate.. will pass 1100 by midnight.

over 12,000 with H1N1 in 2009.

I am looking at that as a metric.

by Elvis
1 week ago
 Total posts:   24856  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Even though testing has increased, the death rate is creeping, up meaning deaths are increasing at a faster rate than confirmed cases, now at 1.5%. Might not be real significant but it might and it's not good.

First it was in China, then Italy, then WA, then NY. It's gonna be everywhere.

We can't contain it. It's too late and we don't have the will.

We've been behind the curve the entire time. I don't see that changing...

by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Even though testing has increased, the death rate is creeping, up meaning deaths are increasing at a faster rate than confirmed cases, now at 1.5%. Might not be real significant but it might and it's not good.

First it was in China, then Italy, then WA, then NY. It's gonna be everywhere.

We can't contain it. It's too late and we don't have the will.

We've been behind the curve the entire time. I don't see that changing...

Yup. Sadly.

by Dick84
1 week ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:over 12,000 with H1N1 in 2009.

Why?
And what will you say when it tragically blows by that? What will "that metric" mean then?

by river
1 week ago
 Total posts:   103  
Practice Squad

azramsfan93 wrote:Show us all where Trump called for this at this time. We will wait.
There is a significant amount of editorial content with a specific political slant in those words. I get the impression he cares about the people and families very much. So much so, that he wants them to not get the virus AND he wants their finances to not collapse. The former is very important. So is the latter. The collapse of the American middle class WILL HAPPEN if the economy remains in shutdown for months.
The Trump administration and congress are currently trying to prop up the economy to the tune $2.2 trillion (assuming the bill passes congress to be signed). That is a stopgap, but it won't last that long before small businesses begin to fold and many will never return. You are right in that the problem will not be available labor. It will be available jobs. You call this a "sector". Small businesses provide 90% of the jobs in the USA. That is more than a sector.
Keep this economy closed into the summer and the result will make the Great Depression into the Above Average Depression.

Trump has previously called for a return to normalcy by Easter, that's only 3 weeks away.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-reope ... 01510.html

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why- ... 29407.html

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/win-trump-app ... 00534.html

No doubt that we are reading the tea leaves quite differently. The 2.2 Trillion will prop us up short-term, although from what i'm reading, don't believe it to be well spent and hope the House will vote it down or write a more progressive version to send back up.

Ask the recent dead if they would have preferred life or a temporary depression.

by HellRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   32  
Undrafted Free Agent

SWAdude wrote:over 12,000 with H1N1 in 2009.

16,000 have died from the flu alone this year. That said I would expect this virus to exceed both the flu and H1N1.

I have a few relatives who have PHD's in the medical field from UCLA (I'm East Indian) so there's a few docs in the family. Wont get into details about that. However, according to them this idea of containing the virus was never realistic without a immediate travel ban and quarantine. Especially considering the virus is contagious without showing symptoms. In todays modern society the spread of something like this inevitable. Which is why so many nations are dealing with this.

by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   12395  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i need a hero.

zz.png

by SWAdude
1 week ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Why?
And what will you say when it tragically blows by that? What will "that metric" mean then?

Just because that is the most recent metric that didn't cause the hysteria everyone seems to be in.

We will soon know if it means anything.

Calm down dude.

by Dick84
1 week ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:Just because that is the most recent metric that didn't cause the hysteria everyone seems to be in.

We will soon know if it means anything.

Calm down dude.

Lol

by SWAdude
1 week ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Lol

I think you really need to take a break for the fifth time.

:roll2:

• 81 / 133
1326 posts Apr 03 2020