4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -for-2021/

One-helmet rule could change for 2021
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2020, 12:05 PM EDT

Bucco Bruce could be making a comeback.

Appearing on The Dan Patrick Show, Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said that the creamsicle throwbacks could be returning in 2021, because the league will be ditching the rule that limits players to one helmet per year. This would allow teams that would like to use an alternate uniform with an alternate helmet to do it.

“There will be no change for the 2020 season,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “There are ongoing discussions for a potential change for the 2021 season, but no decisions have been made.”

So it could happen. Which means that the Buccaneers could scrap pewter for white, with the image of the swashbuckler with a sword in his mouth. The Patriots could dump silver for white, and Pat Patriot getting ready to snap a football.

The Titans could bring back the Oilers, white or light blue helmets. The Steelers could bring back their yellow helmets (but shouldn’t).

And so it will go. If it happens. But “if” is the key word.

Hopefully, the NFL will let teams deviate from a rule premised on, for reasons I’ve never understood, minimizing concussions. Although no one wants a Nikefication that results in umpteen different helmets per team, the league should allow every team to wear two. Which would allow some classic uniforms to make their return to football.

by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I saw this coming a while back. Guarantee - the Rams will have an alternate helmet.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Cool. I assume they'll be worn with the TB's. But ours would stay the same unless they sport the white Gabriel's with white horns as the alternate. But we just sort of did that.
Maybe the Waterfields?

It would be cool to see the old pats, broncos, skins, bucs,, wh.o am I forgetting?
The shape of the helmets were different too.

by JackPMiller
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Cool. I assume they'll be worn with the TB's. But ours would stay the same unless they sport the white Gabriel's with white horns as the alternate. But we just sort of did that.
Maybe the Waterfields?

It would be cool to see the old pats, broncos, skins, bucs,, wh.o am I forgetting?
The shape of the helmets were different too.

The Titans may go back with the Oilers for a game or two. The Steelers going to those Yellow helmets with that logo, and the Eagles with those ugly looking white helmets with the green wings. Falcons with the red helmets. Is there anything else I'm missing?

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

That would really be fun. Just as we toss our nostalgic look away, the NFL might bring a slice of nostalgia back.

by moklerman
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:That would really be fun. Just as we toss our nostalgic look away, the NFL might bring a slice of nostalgia back.
I wish I could agree but IMO, it will just lead to an Oregon like atmosphere in the NFL. Nike is dancing a jig.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 19 2024