2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

LINK

INDIANAPOLIS – Safety John Johnson III and offensive linemen Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen began the 2019 season as starters, only to see it cut short due to injuries which landed each of them on injured reserve.

Several months later, however, Rams head coach Sean McVay is pleased with where they stand in their respective recovery processes.

"They're feeling good," McVay said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "They're making good progress."

Prior to suffering his season-ending shoulder injury against the 49ers in Week 6, Johnson collected 50 tackles and a pair of interceptions in six games. Noteboom sustained a season-ending torn ACL and MCL in the same game. Four weeks later, Allen was done for the year with a season-ending MCL injury.

All three have been working out at the team's Thousand Oaks, California, facility during the offseason. Phase 1 of the Rams' organized team activities (OTAs) begins April 20, but McVay said he would have to consult with Senior Director of Sports Medicine and Performance Reggie Scott before determining what their involvement looks like.

"Each of those injuries is a little bit different, but they're on track to being ready to go for the season," McVay said. "What it does look like, for how we utilize them in the offseason program, I think, is to be determined."

That would be good news.

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Was hoping Noteboom would be able to get some needed experience. Edwards and Evans now have more real playing time than Noteboom. In my opinion we still don't know what we have in him. And we don't know how well he recovers from that injury. It was a bad one.

We do need Johnson, but I have to wonder if he walks after the season? Kupp is an absolute must re-sign. Can they afford to keep JJ? I'm not sure they can.

Allen did not impress with the time he had. He'll come cheap but honestly, Blythe is the better center. Although I don't know what it will cost to bring him back.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Apr 18 2024