9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Hi, my name is AvengerRam, and I'm a draftaholic.

Unfortunately, I find myself unable to start the process of formulating a Rams mock draft for 2020.

One problem, of course, is that the Rams lack a first round selection.

Moreover, I feel there are several free agent decisions that must be made before I can really focus on specific prospects for specific needs.

On the OL, our needs will be dictated, to a large extent, by the FA fates of Andrew Whitworth and Austin Blythe. If both return, I presume that sets our starters at LT and C. With two viable RT candidates (Havenstein, Evans) and at least one OG spot filled (Edwards), that would likely push down OL as a priority.

The other big question marks are at DE and LB. The key guy there is Fowler. If he returns, EDGE drops significantly on the priority list. The status of Brockers and Littleton also factor heavily.

So... right now... I see little point in doing a Rams mock.

Give me a few weeks...

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm not a draft guru or anything like that. I'm also not a fan of drafting for specific needs unless you're a rebuilding team who doesn't expect to compete for a playoff spot. Rookies normally take time to develop. Especially day two and day three rookies. I would look at the draft to think about 2021 and beyond. Maybe you don't expect to be able to keep guys like John Johnson and Gerald Everett. Now would be the time to think about their possible replacements.

Ebukam is in his last year. Another guy they might need to replace. Reynolds too. For teams like us, the draft should be about those kind of replacements. If you find an immediate starter, then great. But I wouldn't want to be in a position where we have to hope someone can come in and start right away.

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I think that, if you're going to go away from need-based drafting, this is a very good year to look at WR. Given the depth at the position, there are likely to be some very good players at the position still on the board in Round 2.

While WR is currently a strength, a lot can change quickly. Cooks needs to stay on the field to justify his contract. Woods and Kupp will both deserve and seek raises in coming years. Reynolds may be a luxury we can't afford when his rookie deal expires.

I still want to see how FA plays out before I make my picks, but I may have some surprises then!

by BobCarl
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:So... right now... I see little point in doing a Rams mock.

Give me a few weeks...

If I owned a NFL team and you were the GM, I'd fire you right now. But you are a great member of RFU ... and we'll keep you anyway.

Every team has their draft board stacked ... but what they have today will not be the same after the Combine is over.... every NFL board will be shuffled.

So for "right now" it is stupid to post your "final answer". But it isn't stupid to put out your current stack.

FA signings by one team will change the stacks of not only their own but also that of other team's boards.

I love the yearly mock by @JackPMiller and I greatly appreciated the one YOU put out last year.

I envy the fact that both of you have had the time to research and evaluate the many players and how they might fall to their various selected slots. I wish I could do that. (Maybe one day)

I wish you guys could do a pre-combine mock, a post-combine mock and a final mock a couple days before the actual draft.

It gives the rest of us a lot of fun to follow along and look up a few of the guys you slot for various positions for various teams.

Mock or not ... thanks for all you do.

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I don’t think I’ve ever been told I don’t mock enough. ;)

I’ll definitely be putting one out after the Combine.

by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I still want to see how FA plays out before I make my picks, but I may have some surprises then!

It has to wait until the FA's are settled. There was also a lot of talk about Gurley restructuring.....or not. This is a year most expect OL, OL and more OL but they could go in any direction.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Absolutely correct!
IE. Snead could go OL....or he COULD go in another direction....

which I would call 2020 Rams Team Playoffs euthanasia! :lol2:

Relax PA.....just kidding, well sort of. ;)

Seriously, Snead DOES have other worries IMO besides who to team with Whit, Hav & Edwards:

EG-with Brockers going, we're thin at DL with just Gaines, Morgan Fox, Joseph-Day and Smart to team with AD. Maybe Marquis Copeland impresses in TC and ends up in the 2020 DL Rotation? But IMO the Rams 2020 DL could use a Drafted 2020 big space-eater.

-if Littleton goes to a team that backs a Brink's Armored Truck up to his driveway, then Snead has to also look to scout (and maybe draft) ILBs too.

-if Dante Fowler gets Tagged&Traded, then Snead has to think about drafting an Edge Rusher to go with Ebukam, Obo and Polite....or are we okay if OLB Clay Mathews stays on the D?

And finally....even with all the above "needs", the BPA advocates may well push for augmenting even the Ram areas of strength like WR, RB, QB, DB.....

....bottom-line? Snead has a plate full of options in the 2020 Draft.....and that's even before we see, as PA accurately states, what the Ram Free Agency activity will yeild us.

Interesting times. :idea2:

by BobCarl
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I want the biggest, fattest, bestest Nose available ... someone that can eat up two gaps and 2 or more blockers

by sloramfan
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

bob carl i agree with both of your posts...

avenger.. you need to get that mock up, especially so guys like me can go to sites, and read up on prospects.. stop being lazy, so real lazy asses like me can just research, and run with what you post... ;)
it saves us from having to do the work...lol..

and yes we need to help our HOF d-lineman... please!!!!

go rams

slo

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 16 2024