31 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:Did Georgia put her fingers in the draft?

Yes by restricting the funds. She needed he $30m off the top and hire the Zygmunts of the world to implement. Were you serious?

by /zn/
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:With decisions like that, it's no wonder the team absolutely wilted under Georgia. If not for the blink of a miracle in the early 2000's, the once mighty Rams would have been the worst team in the NFL during her way to long tenure. And that blink was so poorly managed it became 'a blink'.
This is why I'm somewhat paranoid that McV's Rams could also be a blink, but for totally different reasons.

I was really bummed when we finally got our QB in Everett, only to trade ED, my favorite player, away. To have picked up Thomas and Irvin would have helped forget. Cox and Green, WTF were they thinking? $$? Probably.

Well to be fair, they did draft well under Vermeil, but then he had control over personnel.

Vermeil's tenture aside, the issue was Shaw. And granted Shaw was Georgia's guy. But still. He was the chief engineer of the big train wreck.

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago

/zn/ wrote:Well to be fair, they did draft well under Vermeil, but then he had control over personnel.

Vermeil's tenture aside, the issue was Shaw. And granted Shaw was Georgia's guy. But still. He was the chief engineer of the big train wreck.

Train wreck = top 25% ? If so that train wreck worked...

by BobCarl
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Yes by restricting the funds. She needed he $30m off the top and hire the Zygmunts of the world to implement. Were you serious?
back then I pretty much ignored her.

I began to pay more attention to the front offices when the bitter feud between Zyggie and Martz and realizing how insanely jealous over the press by giving Martz all of the credit for the 99 Superbowl and not not any for Zygmunt. Then he cut Bruce ... that was the stunner, the fairy god-mother may have passed by then I don't remember. But I will never forgive him for that. Bruce had a cap-friendly salary and should have been allowed to retire on his own terms.

I did take satisfaction that after Bruce made his record catches in St. Louis in a 9er's uniform... Zygmunt was fired shortly after the game.

The press really should have talked that up. Once again, the press let us down. (but we are talking the St. Louis Press so what should I have expected)

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

All I know is that I like Jim Everett more and more as time passes.
And he was my favorite player in the league when he wore horns

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

He had one really bad game and I still don't understand what went wrong there.

I think he was at least as good as Warner in throwing the ball.

One of my favorite moments was when he ran onto the field without his hat and Wendell Tyler asked him in the huddle: "Hey man, where's your helmet?"

by /zn/
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Train wreck = top 25% ? If so that train wreck worked...

Not following. Who was top 25% of what?

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:He had one really bad game and I still don't understand what went wrong there.

It's amazing how Everett gets remembered for the phantom sack against the 49er, when the team was getting their asses kicked and had no chance in that game. And yet what seems so inconceivable is that the Flipper game was just 1 week before when the Rams won their 2nd straight road game in the playoffs. #11 was awesome winning in Philly and in New York

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago

/zn/ wrote:Not following. Who was top 25% of what?

The stadium rating..

by ramsfan1977
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:It's amazing how Everett gets remembered for the phantom sack against the 49er, when the team was getting their asses kicked and had no chance in that game. And yet what seems so inconceivable is that the Flipper game was just 1 week before when the Rams won their 2nd straight road game in the playoffs. #11 was awesome winning in Philly and in New York

And had to beat the Pats week 16 to secure a spot. So 3 straight weeks of east coast trips. They were running on fumes heading in to the NFC Title game.

• 2 / 4
31 posts Apr 16 2024