47 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Reviewing PI is opening up a can of worms. It's going to cost more than a few games. And the thing is, how will it be interpreted? Flagrant? Severe? Slight? You could probably throw a flag on every pass play if you followed the rule. Watch some refs call it incidental contact and on another play with the same degree of contact, other refs call it PI. Like I said, can of worms. There is still going to be complaints. Maybe more than ever.

by rather
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Whole thing is just unfortunate, if they get the facemask call on Goff right and the PI call, it's a moot point and Rams win anyway (maybe even in regulation). The Saints had probably 5 chances to put the Rams away in that game and failed every time, but the NFL being what it is you get these reactionary changes.

I'm pretty confident if you reverse the teams you would not have a rule change (and you would have everyone pointing out all the opportunities the Rams blew).

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Does this include OPI? Rams have had a huge play or two negated by a BS OPI call.
Seems what’s good for the goose....

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:

I can guess more than one of those teams wanting to make it permanent.

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

DirtyFacedKid wrote:I can guess more than one of those teams wanting to make it permanent.

NO, can you? ;)

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Hacksaw wrote:NO, can you? ;)

I see what you did there. :D

• 5 / 5
47 posts Apr 16 2024