142 posts
  • 6 / 15
 by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

30k in a building that holds 67k and benfred is declaring victory? I mean i get that hating Kroenke and the NFL has become a big part of St. Louis' sports identity but this is pretty ridiculous. And then there's that whole market size thing...

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:LINK: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... li=BBnbfcL

"So this isn’t just about a second game on cable, although the shift from ABC to ESPN for New York-St. Louis (St. Louis fans at that game are pictured at top) did see the week’s biggest viewership drop. The broadcast to broadcast windows also fell, and the FS1 to FS1 window dropped 26 percent. There are certainly some concerns for the league with these drops continuing."

ME: Hahahahaha. St. Louis can't even support an XFL team (getting the lowest ratings). Guess they are about to lose another team. Hahahahaha

Really? St. Louis had the lowest ratings? Where do you see that? Blame New York for the low ratings.

(Those Ohio numbers are carryover from the Xavier-Cincinnati basketball game that ran long.)

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:30k in a building that holds 67k and benfred is declaring victory? I mean i get that hating Kroenke and the NFL has become a big part of St. Louis' sports identity but this is pretty ridiculous. And then there's that whole market size thing...

The XFL contract with the Dome was only for the lower bowl. There are issues up there as some concession stands and rest rooms up on the 400 level that can’t be opened because they’ve not been maintained. Plus the Dome is poorly staffed. At the recent Guns n Roses and Garth Brooks concerts they literally ran out of beer before the main act took the stage.

EDIT: and it sounds like the wet blanket fun killer ushers from the St. Louis Rams days are still employed by the Dome. Apparently they were going back to their old habits of ordering people to sit down: but Battlehawks fans are fighting back.

by BobCarl
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:

If I still lived in St. Louis, I'd be going to the games just to see their punter ... I freaking love that guy's talent. Me thinks he'll be back in the NFL in the upcoming 2020 season

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I will say I was glad to see the McGwire tailgate lot full. It was sad to see that lot decline the Rams doomed last season in St. Louis.

So many good times there.

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Well, good for St louis for almost 30K showing up. Question is, how long will the league stay solvent? I give it a year and half.

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

snackdaddy wrote:Well, good for St louis for almost 30K showing up. Question is, how long will the league stay solvent? I give it a year and half.

At least the XFL has deep pockets and can stick it out if they want to...

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:At least the XFL has deep pockets and can stick it out if they want to...

How deep? Aren't they piggybacking off the WWE and their contracts/connections?

I don't think the XFL last more than 2 years. Their only hope for long term solvency is two very unlikely options:
-the NFL gets interested and sees the XFL as a developmental league option
-the NFL gets stupid/greedy in the next TV contract, sends the games to exclusive streaming (Apple, Amazon, Netflix) and leaves one or two networks without football.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Well, good for St louis for almost 30K showing up. Question is, how long will the league stay solvent? I give it a year and half.

Sounds like the CVC is being jerks again and won't let the XFL open the 300 and 400 level of the Dome. There was talk they were going to do $10 GA upper bowl tickets for this weekend's game: but it's Thursday and nothing has been announced.

• 6 / 15
142 posts Apr 18 2024