142 posts
  • 5 / 15
 by RedAlice
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Well, first I had to go to Page 2 to find a post from 4 days ago to répond to.

Thé XFL LA team kicked ass today!!!!!

Watched the game. So fun.

BUT, I felt extremely angry on the OUR HOUSE banners the fans were showing.

That is not our house.

Feel free to disagree w me, but Our House is one earned over years.

It may be because I have zero allegiance to LA, but it just felt wrong.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Every level of football should adopt the XFLs kickoff model. Safer but still exciting.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

RedAlice wrote:Well, first I had to go to Page 2 to find a post from 4 days ago to répond to.

Thé XFL LA team kicked ass today!!!!!

Watched the game. So fun.

BUT, I felt extremely angry on the OUR HOUSE banners the fans were showing.

That is not our house.

Feel free to disagree w me, but Our House is one earned over years.

It may be because I have zero allegiance to LA, but it just felt wrong.

Best $35 I've spent on a ticket, evah. 4th row/20 yard line. What I really enjoyed was them pushing the parabolic mic over the PA shortly before and after the snap. It adds a little something.

I would totally go to another game.

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

People are using the our house thing to troll Dean Spanos and the Chargers while some in St. Louis are using the Battlehawks to troll Kroenke.

Perhaps the XFL will offer value besides just to troll NFL teams and owners?

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:Perhaps the XFL will offer value besides just to troll NFL teams and owners?

The amount of trolling we did of Wildcat kicker Nick Novak at the game was certainly value added. "Stay loose, Nick!" "You're time's coming, Nick!" At one point, when doing his practice kicks into the net, half our section was chanting "Novak! Novak! Novak!" and then cheering when he kicked it. I felt bad, but only after crying from laughter. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

- For the uninitiated, field goals are a rarity in these XFL games.

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:People are using the our house thing to troll Dean Spanos and the Chargers while some in St. Louis are using the Battlehawks to troll Kroenke.

Perhaps the XFL will offer value besides just to troll NFL teams and owners?
Almost 30,000 at the Battlehawk's home opener. Not bad at all. We'll see if they can maintain it and it will be interesting to see if the Earth actually has been scorched there.

As has been discussed, I think it's pretty obvious from a business standpoint why moving the Rams from St. Louis to LA happened. That market is a fraction of the size of LA and is losing ground. The potential there isn't nearly what it is in LA.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Almost 30,000 at the Battlehawk's home opener. Not bad at all. We'll see if they can maintain it and it will be interesting to see if the Earth actually has been scorched there.

As has been discussed, I think it's pretty obvious from a business standpoint why moving the Rams from St. Louis to LA happened. That market is a fraction of the size of LA and is losing ground. The potential there isn't nearly what it is in LA.

I’m not going to argue any of this except the earth is scorched. 15,000-20,000 of those tickets were purchases out of spite.

Plus the if by some miracle the XFL survives past this season, the St. Louis team will be toast once the MLS team starts playing here in 2022.

by Haden
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2133  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

LINK: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... li=BBnbfcL

"So this isn’t just about a second game on cable, although the shift from ABC to ESPN for New York-St. Louis (St. Louis fans at that game are pictured at top) did see the week’s biggest viewership drop. The broadcast to broadcast windows also fell, and the FS1 to FS1 window dropped 26 percent. There are certainly some concerns for the league with these drops continuing."

ME: Hahahahaha. St. Louis can't even support an XFL team (getting the lowest ratings). Guess they are about to lose another team. Hahahahaha

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I don't think failing to support an xfl team is a fair criticism of a city. If one wanted to make the xfl more popular might try making it a farm league for NFL teams. practice squad, udfas and select depth players on it.

• 5 / 15
142 posts Apr 16 2024