31 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by ramsfan1977
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

John Robinson was trying to convince management in the 1988 draft to take Michael Irvin and Thurman Thomas with there 2 1st round picks. They would have had to move up 3 spots to get Irvin, but Thomas did not go to pick 40. John Robinson would have selected 2 Hall of Famers and made the Dickerson Trade genius.

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

With decisions like that, it's no wonder the team absolutely wilted under Georgia. If not for the blink of a miracle in the early 2000's, the once mighty Rams would have been the worst team in the NFL during her way to long tenure. And that blink was so poorly managed it became 'a blink'.
This is why I'm somewhat paranoid that McV's Rams could also be a blink, but for totally different reasons.

I was really bummed when we finally got our QB in Everett, only to trade ED, my favorite player, away. To have picked up Thomas and Irvin would have helped forget. Cox and Green, WTF were they thinking? $$? Probably.

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

We were fortunate to have the GSOT under their watch. But that period was all too brief. Didn't take long to tear that down and return them to the laughingstock they were. I'm so glad Stan is the owner now. Rams are once again relevant like they were in the 70's.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Between the Rams front office negotiating skills and Dickerson's negotiating skills trading Dickerson needed to happen. And it did. The last game Dickerson played with the Rams (If my memory is correct) was a Monday night football game. He played first half only.

I remember waiting for the draft with eager anticipation and then...…………..

by BobCarl
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:With decisions like that, it's no wonder the team absolutely wilted under Georgia.
Did Georgia put her fingers in the draft?

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

Georgia probably didn't know what the draft was. I think front office over-rode Robinson to draft Gaston because he was a local college player and thought he would draw local fans. (((Winning draws fans.)))))

Gaston was not a bad player. He had a 1000 yard season (with the Broncos I believe). But he wasn't anywhere near as good as Thomas. (OSU player I believe).

by Neil039
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Thurman would have been an All Pro then traded by or just after his third year.

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Forgive me if I'm a little off with the names but in the special they have on Barry Sanders' career they talk about how Oklahoma was getting ready to face Oklahoma St.. They were reviewing tape and Switzer told his players whatever they do, don't knock Thurman Thomas out of the game. Confused, they said "but Thomas is an All-American". He said true, but we REALLY don't want Barry Sanders to get all the carries.

• 1 / 4
31 posts Apr 18 2024