1540 posts
  • 80 / 154
 by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:I'm flying in to LAX this coming Monday, landing around 10am. Have an aisle seat but hoping I can get a good view!!!

Cool. The tricky part is knowing which side it will be on. It could be either depending which runway you're landing on...

by aeneas1
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:That's it, no photo, was in the middle seat, only had my phone and it was dark out...

how did it look to you? i've seen a couple of night shots (altho far from great) and it looked pretty damn cool, was it lit up when you flew over?

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:how did it look to you? i've seen a couple of night shots (altho far from great) and it looked pretty damn cool, was it lit up when you flew over?

It was lit, Forum looked small behind it, could see the oculus pretty well even from the sky with no roof to cover it yet, definitely cool...

by aeneas1
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:It was lit, Forum looked small behind it, could see the oculus pretty well even from the sky with no roof to cover it yet, definitely cool...

very cool... did it appear that the oculus was still on the ground or has it been hung already? have been looking forward to seeing it in place.

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:very cool... did it appear that the oculus was still on the ground or has it been hung already? have been looking forward to seeing it in place.

Hard to say from my vantage point but i think it's still on the ground...

by ramsman34
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I am flying to LAX right now. I’m on the left side of the plane. Hoping we land from East to west as it should be on my side. Last Sunday I drove right up Prarie and got a good in-person look. It’s friggin big. And does seriously dwarf the Forum.

by ramsman34
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Oculus is still on the ground I am pretty sure. I wonder if there need/want all the roof panels in place before they hand that bad boy??

• 80 / 154
1540 posts Apr 19 2024