28 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by TomSlick
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:But I get it, there were people who thought the pager was here to stay too

Blow me...I stick with what works...Morse code.

_.__ ___ .._ ... .._ _._. _._

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TomSlick wrote:_.__ ___ .._ ... .._ _._. _._

"YOU SUCK" haha.

-.-- --- ..- ' .-. . ..-. ..- -. -. -.-- !

by TomSlick
4 years 2 months ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:-.-- --- ..- ' .-. . ..-. ..- -. -. -.-- !

"YOU'RE FUNNY!"

This could be a whole new look for RFU...communication via Morse code.

When I was in 8th grade (in the 70s...not the 1870s), I took an Electricity class and we had to learn Morse code. Our final exam was our teacher, good ol' Mr. Woods (probably born in the 1870s), tapping away on his Morse code device, just like you see in old westerns.

It was pretty cool in retrospect, him tapping away and us writing down the letters as fast as we could.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:Yeah, but the problem with how the NHL demo'd it was that they simply showed player names and positions, player and puck speed, and that stupid comet tail animation for the puck which was ridiculed out of use 20 years ago. They did NOT use it for offsides or the puck crossing the goal line which are the 2 things they absolutely SHOULD be using the tech for. Maybe they'll expand to that, but it should have been the first thing they did.

This right here. I'm tired of all the "lets go to the war room in Toronto" stuff.

by TomSlick
4 years 1 month ago
Superstar

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:I trust you got your merit badge for Morse code. How are you at semaphore?

Lousy.

However, after checking it out online, I think I'll get a two flags, stand in the street and practice communicating with my neighbors.

Given that some of our new neighbors have come from urban environments and now live in suburbia...well, they haven't quite got the hang of actually being nice, you know, wave and smile seems beyond them...maybe waving flags at them might catch their attention.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I suggest not standing in the street to work your flags. Might get run over. Cleaning your shotgun on the front porch on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon can be a good conversation starter.

• 3 / 3
28 posts Apr 19 2024