142 posts
  • 4 / 15
 by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Here we go again:

For the most part i really like and respect Balzer but when it comes to this stuff he refuses to acknowledge how important market size is in these kinds of comparisons...

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Here we go again:

For the most part i really like and respect Balzer but when it comes to this stuff he refuses to acknowledge how important market size is in these kinds of comparisons...
Sounds more like they can't support football OR hockey. :shock2:

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Wait, there's a difference between 10% of 2 million and 10% of 6 million? :D

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The L.A. market is nearly 5x the St. Louis market, pretty important factor:

https://mediatracks.com/resources/niels ... ings-2020/
Not only that, but St. Louis is sliding back in the back. I was looking similar lists and in 2017, they were just outside the top 20 at #21. 3 years later now and they're at #23.

by aeneas1
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

so mahomes is playing in the xfl too?

by moklerman
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I'm a bit torn on PJ and Jones. They have clearly looked the best of the 10 or so QB's who have played in the XFL but I don't know if that's because they actually look good or because athletic QB's have an advantage in this situation. Both would seem to be setting themselves up for an(other) opportunity in the NFL but I don't truly know if what they're doing in the XFL would translate to the NFL.

It's kind of like evaluating college QB's. Out-classing the competition there doesn't really mean anything in terms of NFL success. Usually. Sometimes(Vick) you can be just that much faster and it will even overcome the NFL.

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:Not only that, but St. Louis is sliding back in the back. I was looking similar lists and in 2017, they were just outside the top 20 at #21. 3 years later now and they're at #23.

Hey ... It's Kroenke's fault !!!

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well now, you're not expecting the St Louis cronies to use actual facts are you?
Teams are averaging about 17k per game, sounds like a Rams home game in St Louis all right

• 4 / 15
142 posts Apr 16 2024