CLOSE
18 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   6276  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:If management picked every facet of our game and fired assistant coaches and/or released players because of perceived poor poor coaching or poor play, we'd have half of our staff gone and half of our roster released.

Imagine if fans were in charge of that. Coaches would be fired every week and players cut every week. :lol2:

by /zn/
1 month ago
 Total posts:   4808  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:you want the lack of sacks on your quarterback to be because the line was doing its job. Not because he had to throw it away a bunch.

yep

by laram
1 month ago
 Total posts:   386  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

/zn/ wrote:I can't find it now. Anyone have ideas on where this can be found?

Anyway if I recall right, Goff was ranked in the top 3 for NFL qbs throwing the ball away.

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady have been amongst the leaders in throw always.

If memory serves Aaron Rodgers led the league last season.

It’s one of many stats that I don’t care for because there are to many mitigating factors.

Pass rush, nobody open, inability to go through a progression and one prevailing thought, passer rating protection.

I don’t know anything meaningful that you can derive from the raw stat.

by CanuckRightWinger
1 month ago
 Total posts:   1194  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Pro Bowl

In preparation for Los Ramos China Promo Tour....

Confucius says:

When running for your life due to shoddy OLine protection.....
it is usually smart move to throw errant balls early&often to save spleen!

by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11365  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Imagine if fans were in charge of that. Coaches would be fired every week and players cut every week. :lol2:

Yeah but on the other hand, fans also suggest trades of their team’s perceived garbage for high draft picks or top quality players!

by moklerman
1 month ago
 Total posts:   5687  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

laram wrote:Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady have been amongst the leaders in throw always.

If memory serves Aaron Rodgers led the league last season.

It’s one of many stats that I don’t care for because there are to many mitigating factors.

Pass rush, nobody open, inability to go through a progression and one prevailing thought, passer rating protection.

I don’t know anything meaningful that you can derive from the raw stat.
This same conversation is going on at the Herd and someone also posted that Goff's throwaway numbers have remained relatively consistent the last 3 years. Which, to me, shows little correlation to how "good" the line was.

by aeneas1
1 month ago
 Total posts:   12013  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

as a percentage of pass attempts, only 5 teams threw the ball away LESS than the rams in 2019, the rams threw the ball away just 2.5% of the time vs a league average of 3.6%... in 2018 the rams ranked 5th in most throwaways as a % of pass attempts, only 4 teams threw it away more.

of course, what exactly is a throwaway? more importantly, could a percentage of seemingly "bad throws" actually be throwaways? whatever the case, throwaways make up a very small percentage of nf pass attempts.

01.png

by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   6276  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Yeah but on the other hand, fans also suggest trades of their team’s perceived garbage for high draft picks or top quality players!

Hey, trading Demby for a first round pick was a great idea. All we need is one taker. 8-)

• 2 / 2
18 posts Feb 26 2020