6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

just caught a recent documentary on hernandez, a story that i really didn't follow as it unfolded in real time... frankly i couldn't believe how generous the piece was in terms of framing hernandez rather favorably, going as far as describing his thug murder(s) as "awful behavior".... awful behavior? wtf? awful behavior is illegally parking in a handicap space, this punk gun downed people in cold blood (yeah, i know, he was acquitted of the double homicide), when he wasn't out on the town cold-clocking people at bars.... hell, cte was even pitched as an excuse.

of course the victims and their families were lost in the shuffle of the piece, altho it was mentioned that the abatement ad inito ruling was thankfully overturned thus giving the victims' families financial recourse, and at least some closure.

anyhoo, such a bizarre story, from his wife perjuring herself despite his infidelity, his tats after the double homicide, his history of thuggery, to his eventual self-serving suicide.

by Neil039
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:just caught a recent documentary on hernandez, a story that i really didn't follow as it unfolded in real time... frankly i couldn't believe how generous the piece was in terms of framing hernandez rather favorably, going as far as describing his thug murder(s) as "awful behavior".... awful behavior? wtf? awful behavior is illegally parking in a handicap space, this punk gun downed people in cold blood (yeah, i know, he was acquitted of the double homicide), when he wasn't out on the town cold-clocking people at bars.... hell, cte was even pitched as an excuse.

of course the victims and their families were lost in the shuffle of the piece, altho it was mentioned that the abatement ad inito ruling was thankfully overturned thus giving the victims' families financial recourse, and at least some closure.

anyhoo, such a bizarre story, from his wife perjuring herself despite his infidelity, his tats after the double homicide, his history of thuggery, to his eventual self-serving suicide.

I feel the same @aeneas1 . I get some of the tempered descriptions of his behaviors, likely agreements with individuals who were interviewed. It's tough watching a life destroyed (Odin Lloyd) while another has everything and chooses to destroy theirs.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

We're two episodes in. I'll agree with everything you've said. But, I'll be honest - and I've said this to my wife whose been watching it with me - it's poorly produced. It's really difficult to keep track of what's happening when. It skips around too much. They can't keep a timeline that you can follow easily.

Also, it feels like they're forcing the "gay-bisexual" narrative into the mix too. His high school QB friend does not come across as believable and appears to be some sort of a fringe acquaintance who is 1) elevated to some sort of authority on that topic and/or 2) has oversold his knowledge/relationships with him. Got no problems if it was true, but the way it was presented seems forced to me.

I dunno. I'm not impressed so far. Dude was a thug, for sure though.

by actionjack
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3942  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:just caught a recent documentary on hernandez, a story that i really didn't follow as it unfolded in real time... frankly i couldn't believe how generous the piece was in terms of framing hernandez rather favorably, going as far as describing his thug murder(s) as "awful behavior".... awful behavior? wtf? awful behavior is illegally parking in a handicap space, this punk gun downed people in cold blood (yeah, i know, he was acquitted of the double homicide), when he wasn't out on the town cold-clocking people at bars.... hell, cte was even pitched as an excuse.

I have zero desire to watch anything about a creep like Aaron Hernandez, your post is the nail in the coffin for me. I hate this stuff puffing up an a-hole.

by Haden
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Hernandez is scum. Good riddance.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Keep looking down if you want to spot him...

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 17 2024