2887 posts
  • 58 / 289
 by Zen_Ronin
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

No going to lie, that gif is a seemingly accurate representation of the "great marketing minds" in The Rams front office and their handling of this rebrand. No smoke, no fire. No sizzle, no steak.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:No going to lie, that gif is a seemingly accurate representation of the "great marketing minds" in The Rams front office and their handling of this rebrand. No smoke, no fire. No sizzle, no steak.

How hard would it be to copy, replace key words and use the Falcons new uniform announcement from two weeks ago?

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Seems like they're ramping up to me, kind of doubt this is actually Demoff tweeting but obviously i have no actual idea about that...

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Seems like they're ramping up to me, kind of doubt this is actually Demoff tweeting but obviously i have no actual idea about that...

I don't know if "before July" is really ramping up. It's just more saying something, while saying nothing, just for the sake of saying something. This commitment to non-commitment....I don't know, is it supposed to be cute? Like their playing hard to get or something? Because to me it seems unnecessarily trollish and inept. From a marketing standpoint it's beyond annoying. To me it would be like Jeep marketing a new model by going

"Hey world, we have a new Jeep coming out!"

and that's it. Silence after. No details. Just a reminder every year or so that

"Hey everyone, just remember, we have a new Jeep coming out."

Ok. Thanks for the amazing lack of any detail whatsoever. Really useful info.

and yes, I know I'm bitching right now and will be super happy and spend WAY too much money when they finally drop. But literally all Demoff has to say is we have a plan, and we'll release things when the time is right. Instead it "conversations are happening" hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, giggle, giggle. :roll2: It ain't cute.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad day.

by VegasRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Las Vegas
Practice Squad

Personally, I think they're killer - all 9 iterations. The colors, both yellow and blue, are perfect. Pant stripes in all three colors pop, and I hope they don't go to a solid wider band.
I like the white facemask as well, but blue also works.

Nitpicks - whites need a little more pop, helmet (and sleeve) horns should be a little wider, and I like the old school numbers better; but overall, I love 'em.

Don't really understand the desire/expectation for/of a "rebrand". Not necessary.
What the Rams are doing, finally, is getting rid of the puke uniforms we switched to after the '99 season. Never did get that - "We just won the SuperBowl, let's change the uniforms!"

Showgirl logic. There's your (failed) rebrand.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

VegasRam wrote:Personally, I think they're killer - all 9 iterations. The colors, both yellow and blue, are perfect. Pant stripes in all three colors pop, and I hope they don't go to a solid wider band.
I like the white facemask as well, but blue also works.

Nitpicks - whites need a little more pop, helmet (and sleeve) horns should be a little wider, and I like the old school numbers better; but overall, I love 'em.

Don't really understand the desire/expectation for/of a "rebrand". Not necessary.
What the Rams are doing, finally, is getting rid of the puke uniforms we switched to after the '99 season. Never did get that - "We just won the SuperBowl, let's change the uniforms!"

Showgirl logic. There's your (failed) rebrand.
The timing of the uniform change never made sense. I mean, we know the reason was because of the names of the colors coinciding with the turn of the century. Which, sadly, was probably as deep as it went for Georgia.

In retrospect, they should have introduced new uniforms in '95. That ownership didn't give two shits about the history of the team or the fans in LA so there really wasn't any reason for them to not just re-brand.

But to establish themselves in St. Louis with the classic uniforms and then win it all in those colors and THEN change? MAN, am I GLAD that bleached out crypt keeper is long gone.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:The timing of the uniform change never made sense. I mean, we know the reason was because of the names of the colors coinciding with the turn of the century. Which, sadly, was probably as deep as it went for Georgia.

In retrospect, they should have introduced new uniforms in '95. That ownership didn't give two shits about the history of the team or the fans in LA so there really wasn't any reason for them to not just re-brand.

But to establish themselves in St. Louis with the classic uniforms and then win it all in those colors and THEN change? MAN, am I GLAD that bleached out crypt keeper is long gone.

The Rams move to St. Louis was one of the last before the pro sports wizened up, learned to keep names with cities and give new names when relocating. The Rams name/colors should have been kept dormant and the relocated team given the Stallions name.

For example, look at how Winnipeg got its Jets back.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:The Rams move to St. Louis was one of the last before the pro sports wizened up, learned to keep names with cities and give new names when relocating. The Rams name/colors should have been kept dormant and the relocated team given the Stallions name.

For example, look at how Winnipeg got its Jets back.
I don't think there's a set approach to that sort of thing. I mean, the Chargers and Raiders are keeping their names so it doesn't seem like anything really happened in the '90's to change how relocation affects a team name. If anything, I'd say the Browns and Colts were the outliers.

by actionjack
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3942  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Zen_Ronin wrote:I don't know if "before July" is really ramping up. It's just more saying something, while saying nothing, just for the sake of saying something. This commitment to non-commitment....I don't know, is it supposed to be cute? Like their playing hard to get or something? Because to me it seems unnecessarily trollish and inept. From a marketing standpoint it's beyond annoying. To me it would be like Jeep marketing a new model by going

"Hey world, we have a new Jeep coming out!"

and that's it. Silence after. No details. Just a reminder every year or so that

"Hey everyone, just remember, we have a new Jeep coming out."

Ok. Thanks for the amazing lack of any detail whatsoever. Really useful info.

and yes, I know I'm bitching right now and will be super happy and spend WAY too much money when they finally drop. But literally all Demoff has to say is we have a plan, and we'll release things when the time is right. Instead it "conversations are happening" hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, giggle, giggle. :roll2: It ain't cute.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad day.

I definitely dont understand the lack of info. Why not give us dates about when it will announced? Say the day before the draft or something. This is dumb

• 58 / 289
2887 posts Apr 17 2024