1540 posts
  • 72 / 154
 by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:First week of football is September 10-15....

For 2020? Gotcha. This last season started on 9/5/19 with the Packers/Bears game. But I wasn’t thinking about this being a leap year and Labor Day isn’t until 9/7/2020.

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

If there's one thing i've been worried about at SoFi is what happens on a really hot day? We're gonna have some, even in Inglewood. There's been a ton of talk about the roof and how it will keep the stadium cool, the sides are open, but no AC. How's that gonna work with 70k people on a really hot day? I guess we'll see...

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:

If there's one thing i've been worried about at SoFi is what happens on a really hot day? We're gonna have some, even in Inglewood. There's been a ton of talk about the roof and how it will keep the stadium cool, the sides are open, but no AC. How's that gonna work with 70k people on a really hot day? I guess we'll see...

It'll work like the Coli except waaaaaay better. :D

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

So are the RFU guys and gals planning something for the first game at Sofi. If not then we should. It would be nice if we got together at the tailgate and made a day out of it. Bring in the new crib together. I’m gonna fly back home for the first game just need to know when.

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
Administrator

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

SoFi Stadium's camera setup will be 'Super Bowl level' with unique angles

2.jpeg

Cameron DaSilva
17 hours ago

SoFi Stadium is going to be a state-of-the-art venue in more ways than one. Its translucent roof that has the ability to project images is one-of-a-kind, as is the Oculus scoreboard and sweeping canopy around the outside of the stadium.

In addition to those features, SoFi Stadium will also have cameras all over the field – and not just for TV broadcasts. The cameras in the stadium will give fans in attendance unique angles of the play that won’t be shown at home on TV.

1.JPG

“You’ll see better replays here than you’ll see at home (watching a game on TV),” Rams COO Kevin Demoff told the Los Angeles Daily News this week.

Those cameras will also provide the Rams and Chargers different angles not shown by the regular TV crews from FOX, CBS and NBC. That’ll allow them to use exclusive video footage to display on the screen and likely on their digital channels, too.

It’s all made possible by the “Super Bowl-level” number of cameras installed in the stadium, and the 4K Oculus video board.

From the Los Angeles Times:

Demoff talked about showing highlights from around the league and replays from in-house skycams and pylon cameras. He said: “I can promise you, the number of cameras we have in the stadium is Super Bowl level.”

The NFL is trying to find ways to get fans in stadiums, which is hard to do in today’s world with RedZone and Sunday Ticket at everyone’s fingertips. While unique replay angles won’t solve that problem, the whole experience at SoFi Stadium should help get fans to Rams and Chargers games.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/0 ... ay-angles/

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
Administrator

LARams_1963 wrote:I didn't know about the in house camera system. I'm extra excited now!

Supposedly there's gonna be an app and awesome wifi which will give us access to lots of angles and replays on our phones, maybe even the redzone channel for other games?

by JackPMiller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

• 72 / 154
1540 posts Apr 15 2024