10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

stumbled across this great "nfl films presents" piece on don meredith, great quality, and some beautiful footage of vintage nfl football.

meredith, an all-american, only started 5 games in his first two seasons with the cowboys and wasn't happy about his lack of playing time, nor was meredith a big fan of tom landry - in the piece a stoic landry responds:

he (meredith) had a different outlook on football (than me).
he enjoyed football.
he wanted to have a good time doing it.
and i didn't feel like that's what made great quarterbacks.

:D

by SWAdude
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Man.......have they.

Thanks for the great share A1.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Reminds me of an old boss I had when I was young. "If you enjoy your job you must not be doing it right".

by rams74
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Reminds me of an old boss I had when I was young. "If you enjoy your job you must not be doing it right".

Well, that's a relief. I guess I've been doing it right for the past umpteen years, then.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:Well, that's a relief. I guess I've been doing it right for the past umpteen years, then.

I was pretty lucky. Hated that job but when I left for another one, I found a good place to work. A machine shop and parts warehouse. 40 employees and no women. The testosterone was rampant there with a bunch of crazy guys. I enjoyed it for 12 years. Had a lot of fun with those guys. The owner was just as crazy. Then got a job with State Corrections at a warehouse for another 20 years. It was a lot more pay and better benefits.

For 32 years I actually had jobs I didn't mind going to work every day. Now my job is yard work and hacking golf balls on the course. Seems like a little more work now. 8-)

by azramsfan93
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I just retired January 1 after 35 years in the semiconductor and system design industry. I am trying to figure out what my new job is - but it will definitely include hitting golf balls, maybe even in the right direction of occasion.

No offense, @SWAdude , but one of the things I won't miss is strapping my ass to an airline seat just about every week. I love you guys - but I am tapping out! :D

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:No offense, @SWAdude , but one of the things I won't miss is strapping my ass to an airline seat just about every week. I love you guys - but I am tapping out! :D

Not to mention it seems these days you spend more time in the airport than on the plane. :?

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:I just retired January 1 after 35 years in the semiconductor and system design industry. I am trying to figure out what my new job is - but it will definitely include hitting golf balls, maybe even in the right direction of occasion.

I got lucky. My grandson got a job at the golf course. He's in the pro shop now. I get a round of golf with a cart for free once a week if I want it. His boss told him it was ok to do that with family as long as half the town ain't his family.

by rams74
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:I got lucky. My grandson got a job at the golf course. He's in the pro shop now. I get a round of golf with a cart for free once a week if I want it. His boss told him it was ok to do that with family as long as half the town ain't his family.

It's not Pebble Beach, is it? I'd be there all the time...

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:It's not Pebble Beach, is it? I'd be there all the time...

No, just a local public course. It is well maintained for a public course. Greens are usually very good. But the dang course is the hardest one for me. Pretty much every fairway is lined with huge, mature eucalyptus and pine trees. With just enough water to make me lose a ball or two. Some holes have homes lining the left side. And wouldn't you know it, I usually pull the ball left when I miss. Good thing most of them have netting.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 18 2024