1281 posts
  • 68 / 129
 by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Tom Brady, under an obscure NCAA loophole, will return to the University of Michigan and play for Jim Harbaugh.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Vic Tafur

Props to Vic ... but he needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes his shit sticks, quite often it doesn't.

He was a member of a once-popular Raiders discussion board. The board was able to accumulate several insiders, two of which used to work for the Raiders.

The owner of the board (12-years ago with a similar name to mine, Bob Carr) worked his ass off promoting ( not to mention lying, cheating, stealing) but he was able to gain media credentials to take photos from the sidelines and got access to an un-rented "luxury" box at the home games. BobCarr became an "official" NFL photographer not long after he got the best still shots (of all photographers at the RAMS game) of Rolando McClain body slamming Danny Amendola

Vic, through the board's owner was able to attend Raiders (closed) training camp practices and press conferences. He honed his crude writing skills and contributed several articles for the board's magazine. Based on the board's "inside" contacts alone netted him a job with a local newspaper. And has eventually gotten jobs with other media outlets.

Vic today attends fewer press conferences than he did back then, and no direct inside info. He relies upon people that are "close to the Raiders". His best source, is the same guy as my source.

His reputation with the Raiders is not very good, as his level of standards for floating rumors are lower than most other reporters. The other reporters often seek multiple sources and honor "off the record" requests.

So back to today ... Vic Tafur sees a photo of Mark Davis with the most hated QB in the NFL and writes a tabloid story ... "Mark Davis gives engagement ring to Tom Brady" ...

Somewhere since the end of the regular season, Mark Davis likely crossed paths with Eli Manning and/or Jarod Goff. Mark Davis isn't marrying either of them because Vic Tafur hasn't found a photo.

Paparazzi ... gotta love 'em.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He started quite a stir if you look at all the rumor articles at the link. Derrick Carr is sick of it. lol
Frankly I can't see it ever happening but ya never know.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:He started quite a stir if you look at all the rumor articles at the link. Derrick Carr is sick of it. lol
Frankly I can't see it ever happening but ya never know.

I'm one of many Raider fans hoping for a new QB, But I'd rather keep the "fetal position" Carr over the sick-to-my-stomach-Brady.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I remember when people thought Belicheck would retire when Brady does. Or vice versa. If Brady doesn't return would Belicheck be egotistical enough to try and prove to the world he can win without Brady? At the moment I don't know if they have a plan B.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:I don't know if they have a plan B.
I think they traded him to the 9ers a couple of years ago.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:
I wonder what kind of odds Las Vegas is giving on the Tyrod Taylor era moving forward? :)

• 68 / 129
1281 posts Apr 15 2024