23 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Neil039
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Yeah, here's what people are talking about:

I likely very wrong to think this, but I believe they need to ask Cooks and Gurley to restructure. Not sure a fourth team in 5 years is a good look for any player(Cooks). Fingers crossed that he along with Goff and Gurley help the team. Paying Ramsey is going to suck the team dry. They have no choice with the draft capital invested in him. It's going to be a long off season, especially with the 49ers in the SB this year 🤢🤢🤢

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Dick84 wrote:That’s not what restructuring means.
He gets the same money, just at different times.

Perhaps the Brady cheaper deal reference was a bit confusing. I know Goffs not taking a lesser amount. Hope he's willing to take less now for the good of the team and better their chances to win. TGII as well...

by AvengerRam
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Not seeing any potential trades of significance.

I suppose there are guys that could be dangled such as Gerald Everett or Josh Reynolds, but they wouldn't yield much.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

McVay's 2019 Offense's achilles heel was the OLine. Period. Full Stop.

Running the ball in 2019, as I posted earlier, Los Ramos ranked tied for 30th in the NFL with a paltry 3.7 YPA.....only the lowly Dolphins and Jets had worse rushing yards per carry than Los Ramos.

On passing downs......guys can revel in how few sacks Goff suffered in 2019, but it's just one sympton of Goff's malady. How about QB hits, how about decisions to throw an ill-advised last nano-second pass that gets picked, instead of Goff taking the sacks huh? For the record, in 2019, Goff was 4th in the NFL with most picks thrown (16) :? .....only Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield and Philip Rivers had more picks in 2019 than our Franchise QB........not good!

Like I have also posted earlier.....we are fortunate that Goff has a titanium skeletal structure, because, with all the HITS Goff takes, if he was built like Carson Wentz, Goff would've missed a ton of games via injury.

Having said the above, unless Les Snead's trading prowess can land us a Trent Williams, of some other team's LT stud, I predict that Los Ramos will re-sign 39 year old Andrew Whitworth for 2020.

Guys who still think Joe Noteboom or Bobby Evans or David Edwards are going to be effective as Los Ramos starting LT in 2020 are not being realistic IMHO.

by ramsman34
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I just don’t see much in the way of outside big names. They will probably do the restructuring that they can, re sign their own F/As whom they feel can’t be upgraded with younger guys on the roster. They might even use one or both tags IF, they create enough cap a space and, more importantly, IF they feel strongly about getting long-term deals with the tagged player(s). They KNOW these players-how they have developed and how the project them to develop. I think most of their time will be spent analyzing their systems, play books, game planning, And situational ball. They will sign some lesser known guys for improving depth as that is always the case. But, I think they believe they have a number of options on the roster who they will count on as quality starters. Probably not what most fans want to see but, they know more than we do. I don’t see them trading any player as any decent player is probably worth more staying than what they would get in return.

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Clearing $16.8 mill this year will only parlay that same amount (and then some) into another year or two.

no tengo dinero? I get it.

Is Cooks washed up? Or is he cancer in the locker room? After his dismal 2019 season, what can we expect in return for him? Eating his dead cap $$ for a 6th round pick and a starting roster spot. No trade. I'm not convinced he is washed up.

I want to keep 3rd-and-Kupp as a slot ... he's a top-5 slot, and too slow to be a wide out.

restructure Cooks and Gurley? :roll2: they are not gonna give money back. Their guaranteed money is just that .... guaranteed. Wanna parlay that into a "restructure" only means keeping them around longer than we already have to.

No need to rob Peter. The three Pauls are going to be paid regardless. Still plenty of money for Ramsey, the draft class, and a solid FA or two.

Gurley's career isn't over, neither is Cooks. Henderson will breakout and become a household name, so will Higbee and Everett. Anchor the nose, and subtle upgrades on the O-Line and this team will be rocking the house.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with Bob RFU'sResidentSommelier Carl on there being absolutely NO NEED to trade one Branden Cooks in 2020.....

BUT...I dunno about the Rams needing ONLY "subtle upgrades to the OLine" for us to be rocking the house in 2020. :?

QUESTION: Where is our Elite OLineman for 2020?
At LT??... where I hope 39 year old Andrew Whitworth comes back cheaply to us.....as I have zero faith in Goff's blindspot being held down by either Noteboom, Evans or Edwards.

At LG??... where Snead scrambled mid-season to grab Cleveland's cast-off Austin Corbett??

At OC??... the position where UFA Austin Blythe patrolled it most successfully of the mooks we had there? Coleman Sheldon?? Certainly NOT Brian NoPush! Allen!!! :roll2:

AT RG???... where IMO we have our potentially strongest performer in David Snead's5thRoundSteal! Edwards was slotted. Edwards played well for a rookie.....but is he elite??? :?2: I dunno. :?

At RT???...where lots of posters are calling for Rob Havenstein to be traded....ME: I am hoping that Hav was just playing hurt and nicked-up last year, as he was solid there at RT for some years prior IMO.

The above does not look like the Dallas Cowboys OLine folks!
Nor the Tennessee OLine.....nor the SF OLine. :cry2:

We are loaded on O for 2020 at the skill positions....RB, QB, WR, and TE.

Where we are short of talent (reminder: only Miami and NYJ had lower rushing YPC than Los Ramos' 3.7 :oops2: in 2020) is on the OLine.

To me, Snead's scouts need to concentrate on OLine treasure in the 2020 Draft, as well as Snead kicking the tires on various trades (Washington disgruntled LT Trent Williams?) or other Free Agent possibilities (Redskins Shurer?).

We need 5 OLine studs for us to be Offensively successful in 2020 and IMO we are 4 studs short!!! :(

As always, JMO.

P.S. to BobCarl: Sorry about my rant on Justin Trudeau earlier this month. It was a reaction to a playful shot from my Nevadan buddy VegasRam.....which you correctly identified as "political"...
..and in hindsight, I shudda just kept my powder dry! :idea2:
Apologies to all. :oops2:

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

The Rams have no draft picks of value to trade. That being said, they do have some value depth at other positions.

Before the season ended, I would've said DB was a deep position. They traded away Peters and Talib. Both were due to be paid and the Rams got some value back on expiring contracts.

I love the Ramsey pickup Hill filled in nicely. Long could turn out to be good. The Rams depth here has diminished in my opinion. Peterson and others are no longer options. Hill is the starter opposite Ramsey...unless Long or a rookie steps up. Robey-Coleman could save some cap space but is still outperforming his contract IMO.

As far as trade depth, the Rams are thin everywhere else.

They could trade a WR but I'm not sure on the depth behind their top 4 (Kupp, Woods, Cooks, Reynolds).

I don't see any trades....except the usual trade-down to accumulate more picks.

by R4L
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AltiTude Ram wrote:The Rams have no draft picks of value to trade. That being said, they do have some value depth at other positions.

Before the season ended, I would've said DB was a deep position. They traded away Peters and Talib. Both were due to be paid and the Rams got some value back on expiring contracts.

I love the Ramsey pickup Hill filled in nicely. Long could turn out to be good. The Rams depth here has diminished in my opinion. Peterson and others are no longer options. Hill is the starter opposite Ramsey...unless Long or a rookie steps up. Robey-Coleman could save some cap space but is still outperforming his contract IMO.

As far as trade depth, the Rams are thin everywhere else.

They could trade a WR but I'm not sure on the depth behind their top 4 (Kupp, Woods, Cooks, Reynolds).

I don't see any trades....except the usual trade-down to accumulate more picks.

I don't either, but they will have options in FA after they make some cuts.

• 2 / 3
23 posts Apr 19 2024