8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Ramzheart
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Any guesses who I'm talking about?
Must be McVay and Goff because that was the label we've heard for two years!
Goff was just a product of McVay's genius..
Nothing about how Pederson who not only was able to coach up a young Wentz but took a now benched Foles and produced an mvp outing to win the Superbowl!?
We we could have borrowed them Johnny Hekker last night and he could have beat the Packers!
I'm not saying Shanny's not getting any credit but he is every bit of genius that McVay is!
It just seems as far as the Rams go it was more about taking credit away from Goff..

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I will say that the genius thing likely got started when McV took Fishers 7-9 team and made them unstoppable (at first anyway).
Eveyone's numbers went up. Then you listen to him talk and he comes off as a savant with a memory for football that is deeper than his pedigree.
Shanahan is great at what he does. Bummed me out he went to SF because you knew their O was going to get going.
Tis what it tis, so we now have to adjust. Hoping our boy genius is up to the task.

From 2018 to now,,, SF ^^ LA not so much.

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

I think it’s just the opposite, the vibe I’ve been hearing was that we thought McVay was a genius but actually it’s Shanny. McVay was all smoke and mirrors and Shanny’s the real deal. He’s like a genius in his play calling. I heard a guy say McVay learned all he knows from Shanny Sr. but Kyle is the one who perfected the zone schemes.
Not sure why people are taking shots at McVay, he has 2 nfc championships and a super bowl appearance. The ram running game was creative and versatile, the only difference is the 9ers do it with 3 guys.
It sounds like a lot of the same stuff, jet motion, receivers blocking, zone blocking schemes.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

I'm banking on the Oline
having not performed. A good oline makes every O look genius.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

McVay took the league by storm his first two years. Shanahan struggled his first two. Now Shanahan's got the talent he needs and he's the new darling of the NFL. Everyone will be looking for the next Shanahan next offseason. In a couple years maybe there's another guy. Those things go in cycles.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:McVay took the league by storm his first two years. Shanahan struggled his first two. Now Shanahan's got the talent he needs and he's the new darling of the NFL. Everyone will be looking for the next Shanahan next offseason. In a couple years maybe there's another guy. Those things go in cycles.

If Shanahan wins the Superbowl, he'll have a leg up on McVay.
If he loses it, then he's got 2 losing seasons and a Conference Championship, while McVay has 3 winning seasons and a Conference Championship.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

Why are we comparing ?

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

We’ve fallen into the media created narrative, it’s possible that both guys are among the the best at what they do but somehow it’s become one’s better than the other.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 17 2024