158 posts
  • 15 / 16
 by JackPMiller
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

St. Loser Fan wrote:I wonder if the Rams shared their mailing list with the Chargers. For the first time I got an email from them.

For the third week in a row I've also gotten an email from the Rams with this offer.

I believe it is a team thing. I would not be shocked if the Chargers sent the same thing out with their logo out their fans.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Dick84 wrote:It's hard to overstate how much of a debacle this is and how much of a stain it is on the NFL in LA.

Short sighted and stupid.

Hopefully short lived. A plan to return the Bolts to SD should be conjured up sooner than later.
Spanos has no claim to LA. What a farce.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago

Dick84 wrote:I live in SD and just don't see any path to that.
The Spanos family won't sell and there's less than zero chance that any public dollars would come there way and there's no longer a stadium available.

If they sold to a multi-billionaire owner who would actually pay for most of his/her own stadium? It could happen. But it won't.

One would think if the league wanted him out of the way, they could compel him to sell. Is there really that much Spanos love in the NFL?

Finding another Ballmer type to buy them sounds at least possible.

I'd have to think if ESK began to raise a stink, the 'boys club' would at least listen.

by pmill66
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Do not believe the NFL or Chargers care who buys the seats in the new stadium. If 50000 Chief, Bronco and Raider fans fill sofi stadium next year at charger games, then problem solved.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago

pmill66 wrote:Do not believe the NFL or Chargers care who buys the seats in the new stadium. If 50000 Chief, Bronco and Raider fans fill sofi stadium next year at charger games, then problem solved.

Talk about bad optics though. Sure the TV revenue is there but the fan experience would royally suck...

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago

Dick84 wrote:If the league forces one owner to sell for reasons other than criminal conduct or actions detrimental to the league.. they can remove other owners. No one is voting for that and the league approved the move.

No arguing either point.

Of course most teams arent in this position. And the vote appeared concessionary due to the Cali stadium problems and the 3 team fight for LA.
McNair and Richardson arent here to champion his cause either.

I know it's probably no more than wishfull thinking on my part.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I live in SD and just don't see any path to that.
The Spanos family won't sell and there's less than zero chance that any public dollars would come there way and there's no longer a stadium available.

If they sold to a multi-billionaire owner who would actually pay for most of his/her own stadium? It could happen. But it won't.

The only hope is Bezos feels the need to overpay.

• 15 / 16
158 posts Apr 16 2024