58 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Apparently, this is the TV coverage map. 92% of the country. 8-)

Wonder what that other game is? :lol2:

What sucks is I'm in that other market and I don't have Direct TV. :evil2:

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:DAMN, and I thought we we harsh on our team. Yikes. Let's hope the girls are correct.

Lol, they sound like us during the Fisher years. :lol2:

by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

TRANSCRIPT: Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett - Conference Call - Dec. 11, 2019

(On what he’s seen from Rams RB Todd Gurley II)
“(Rams RB Todd) Gurley’s (II) just a really good player. He’s been a good player since he’s been in the league. Typically, good things happen when they hand him the ball. He’s played well of late and he’s a complete running back. He’s big, he’s fast, he’s physical, very athletic guy. Not only a threat to run the ball inside, but outside and also a threat in the passing game. We’ve faced him before – I have great respect for him.”

(On Cowboys DE Robert Quinn evolving in Dallas’ defensive scheme and what he’s added to their defense)
“(Cowboys DE) Robert’s (Quinn) done an excellent job for us. We played against him a number of times through the years and just had great respect for him. Obviously, a very talented guy who plays the game the right way. Very threatening pass-rusher, but also tough and physical and willing to play the run. That’s what he’s been. We had so many great reports from people who were around him before we got him and everything they said is true. More so, just his professionalism, how he comes to work, the example he sets, how hard he practices and, really, how well he plays. He’s been an impactful player for us.”

(On what he thinks of the Rams’ offense as they have hit their stride in the last couple of weeks)
“They’re really good. They have some young offensive linemen who are playing more and more and are doing a very good job. They have a really good core of tight ends. The receivers, they can really do whatever you want your receiving crew to do. They can beat you short, they can beat you deep, immediate route running – run after a catch. A really good group of receivers. We talked about Gurley. The other runners, when they get opportunities are productive. The quarterback has played very well throughout his career and certainly playing well right now. A lot of different weapons, they’re a well-coached team. They’re a challenge every time the ball is snapped.”

(On what he has seen in the Rams’ pass defense game since CB Jalen Ramsey joined the team)
“Again, a lot of respect of respect for those guys. Some veteran guys in the backend who have played very well in this league for a long time in (S Eric) Weddle. (S Taylor) Rapp is playing, we saw a lot of him coming out of school. It doesn’t surprise us one bit he’s playing as well as he has. The corners, (CB Jalen) Ramsey coming over, (CB Troy) Hill and (CB Nickell) Robey(-Coleman), those guys are all really good football players. I think they’re very talented in the backend and they play the scheme very well and make a number of plays.”

(On what stood out to him the last couple of times that the Cowboys have played the Rams specifically in last year’s playoff matchup and regular season game in 2017)
“Just a good football team. They’re good on offense, they’re good on defense, they’re good in the kicking game. They’ve got a lot of weapons in all three areas of their team. They just play the game at a very high level. There’s a lot of different things that you have to defend when you deal with their offense. They’re very good on defense at all three levels. Again, they do a lot different things in the kicking game. They make the makeable plays, but they also challenge you in a lot of different way. Again, great respect for their team.”

(On the Cowboys looking solid statistically but appearing to be having a hard time hitting a stride of winning games consistently)
“Well, obviously we haven’t played consistently well enough throughout the year. We’ve got a good group of guys who work hard and compete the right way. Unfortunately, we’ve had a couple different stretches where we haven’t played well enough. We’ve had a lot of football in the last 11 days – up in New England, back here against Buffalo, and then up in Chicago and we didn’t get it done. It’s really about a bunch of guys who did to lock in what we need to do each day to go play our best football against the Rams this week. They’re a good football team, a lot of respect for them. We just got to get back to playing the way we’re capable of playing, and guys are certainly working the right way to get to that point.”

(On if there anything different or significant when he’s going against Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips considering their long-standing friendship)
“Well, I just have tremendous respect for (Defensive Coordinator) Wade (Phillips). I’ve had the opportunity to work for him here in Dallas when he was our head coach. I learned so much from him as a guy in life, as a coach, and I learned a ton of football from him. His track record of success speaks for itself during his time in the National Football League. The success he’s had with the Rams is not a surprise, he’s just a hell of a coach. He does a great job bringing the best out in his players and the years he’s been doing it, he’s certainly doing that with the Rams. We’ve gone against each other a few times, obviously, we went against each other in practice all the time when we were working together. But, I just hold him in the highest regard as a person, as a football coach. Will be a great challenge for our team.”

by ramsrams
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

I mean, if you can’t beat Dead Man Walking, there is literally no hope.

...and a weakness of mine. I take great pleasure in watching Jerruh walking away from his suite after he loses. Fake smile fades away very quickly.

Agreed that that is a little weird.

Another doordie game!

As a wise mam named Marvin Gaye one said, “ Let’s Get It On “.

Smack down those Boys.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

hmm, has rob lost his job? "no need to rush things rob, we're going to bring you along nice and slow, for your own good, nice and easy, don't worry about getting back on the game field just yet, put that out of your mind, let's just concentrate on you and getting you back to 100%"... :shock2:

• 2 / 6
58 posts Apr 16 2024