104 posts
  • 3 / 11
 by Haden
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Elvis wrote:Too bad the Eagles won, gives Dallas a little more urgency about our game...

I think that is a good thing. The Rams will be focused knowing they have a desperate, hungry opponent

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:They can cut him next year and get some cap savings out of it. If they trade him they get more savings out of it. They are not stuck with Hav. They have options.

I wouldn't just give up on him. He's been a solid right tackle for several years. They just gotta figure out why the regression this year and get him back to where he was.

by /zn/
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I wouldn't just give up on him. He's been a solid right tackle for several years. They just gotta figure out why the regression this year and get him back to where he was.

Well, unless Evans replaces him. I think Evans has more overall talent. Better longterm starter.

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I'll be perfectly honest here...

I don't think I'm qualified to assess whether Evans is a better long-term prospect at RT than Havenstein.

If the Rams feel he is (or even if he is deemed to be equivalent), then Havenstein should be viewed as an asset in the trade market. He has three more years on his deal at an average cap # of under $8M/year. After the 2020 season, his dead cap number goes down to under $2M (and then only $800K in 2021), and some of that may be on the Rams regardless as it comes from his signing bonus. I definitely think there are teams that would be interested if he was to be place on the block. I'd bet he could yield a 3rd or 4th round draft pick or, alternatively, might yield a decent player if the Rams were interested in some other team's expendable player.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Man down, next man up. Last year the age of Whit and Sully kept Oline a priority. The team made some moves to address it, just not splash moves, so these guys we now have playing are somewhat unknown and untested, , , but at least we have them.

Our current O-line looks has the feel of a patchwork quilt. They do seem to be playing more effectively than the previous configurations and personnel did though. Pretty small sample size so far so it's hard for me to get too jacked yet, , but, if they can keep Goff clean and blow some holes for TGII in Dallas, I will have more confidence going up to SF. Their base D line is playing very well and will surely test our new kids. I hope they are up to it.

by ziggy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Leighton Vander Esch is no joke. Wonder if he's back from injury. He's a smart, do it all LB. Will still be a good test for the Rams. I like better use of a moving pocket... but that late Seattle pick-6 was due to Shaquem Griffin with an open lane straight to Goff. He still needs to respond to pressure like that better-- not every play has to gain positive.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago

ziggy wrote:Leighton Vander Esch is no joke. Wonder if he's back from injury. He's a smart, do it all LB. Will still be a good test for the Rams. I like better use of a moving pocket... but that late Seattle pick-6 was due to Shaquem Griffin with an open lane straight to Goff. He still needs to respond to pressure like that better-- not every play has to gain positive.

Also Woods stopped on the route while Goff was throwing him open.

Communication breakdown.

by ziggy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Yea, surprised Woods didn't fight for that. He had a hell of a night, otherwise tho. Couldn't say the same for Cooks. He just wasn't in the game that night-- hope he gets out of his funk to get us in the playoffs.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago

ziggy wrote:Yea, surprised Woods didn't fight for that. He had a hell of a night, otherwise tho. Couldn't say the same for Cooks. He just wasn't in the game that night-- hope he gets out of his funk to get us in the playoffs.

I hope he can get out of his funk. Possible McV isn't targeting him as often while BC heals his brain. Coach does seem to protect his valuable dinged up players. (ie: TGII)

The pick 6 play, the end zone view shows Woods route all the way through and he clearly stopped and hooked in. Goff's ball went right to the spot he would have been. Cant really see that in the video provided. I'll try to find the other. Hags were fortunate.

GO RAMS!!

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i think miscommunication caused the pick, woods stopped, seemingly trying to settle into the zone, but goff clearly didn't expect it and instead led woods.
ziggy wrote:Leighton Vander Esch is no joke. Wonder if he's back from injury. He's a smart, do it all LB. Will still be a good test for the Rams. I like better use of a moving pocket... but that late Seattle pick-6 was due to Shaquem Griffin with an open lane straight to Goff. He still needs to respond to pressure like that better-- not every play has to gain positive.

• 3 / 11
104 posts Apr 19 2024