10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ha ha, manning turning back the clock to 2011 and taking it to philly in philly as the home town crowd rains boos down on their eagles, love it... how about the eagles coming out of this game at 5-8, and then losing to the skins next week along with the cowboys losing to the rams, it would put dallas in first place at 6-8 and the eagles in second at 5-9, mama mia...

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, manning turning back the clock to 2011 and taking it to philly in philly as the home town crowd rains boos down on their eagles, love it... how about the eagles coming out of this game at 5-8, and then losing to the skins next week along with the cowboys losing to the rams, it would put dallas in first place at 6-8 and the eagles in second at 5-9, mama mia...
Bad records and playing bad come playoff time. Really no good reason for those teams to be in the tournament. Didn't like it when the Patriots sat home at 11-5 and I won't like it if the Rams are sitting on their couches while a 6 or 7 win team gets a home playoff game.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Geez, Tate is doing Manning no favors tonight. Talk about Stonehands. Glad to see Tate fail but it sucks for Eli.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I haven't heard much of the national media criticizing Wentz like they do Goff. But the local Philly people have really been bashing Wentz and the Eagles from what I heard. The crowd boos him at times. Seems like the honeymoon phase is over. Goff has had his share of criticism too but it seems to be dying down with the recent surge.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Eagles tie the game under 2 minutes. But waiting till the 4th quarter to score TD's against a 2 win Giants team giving up 28 points per game? Not exactly a confidence booster.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Eagles tie the game under 2 minutes. But waiting till the 4th quarter to score TD's against a 2 win Giants team giving up 28 points per game? Not exactly a confidence booster.
No, but much like New England, they have very little to work with at WR. Imagine taking away Woods, Cooks and Kupp all at the same time. "Some" of Wentz's struggles are pretty understandable.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Wow, Shurmer being Shurmer…
Sit on the ball and try to protect a 10 point lead in the 2nd half instead of realizing you are a 2 win team (really 1 win) and can throw caution to the wind

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Wow, Shurmer being Shurmer…
Sit on the ball and try to protect a 10 point lead in the 2nd half instead of realizing you are a 2 win team (really 1 win) and can throw caution to the wind

Wasn't he the guy who turned Sam Bradford from gunslinger in college to Captain Checkdown in the NFL his rookie year? A trait he never could evolve from after that. I'm sure Shurmur was trying to protect a green rookie from mistakes but Bradford could never take that next step. Shoulda let him sling it from day one.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He 'Schot'tenheimered them in the foot. Glad he doesn't do that around here anymore.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Wasn't he the guy who turned Sam Bradford from gunslinger in college to Captain Checkdown in the NFL his rookie year? A trait he never could evolve from after that. I'm sure Shurmur was trying to protect a green rookie from mistakes but Bradford could never take that next step. Shoulda let him sling it from day one.
Bradford was a bit of a conundrum. He was certainly known for not taking chances but he was also willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit. My guess is that what was ingrained in him by being on those bad Rams teams was to just take anything positive rather than taking a risk. Which lines up with my impression of defensive minded, conservative coaches.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 19 2024