10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

1. Well... we're guaranteed a non-losing season.

2. Of course... nobody is satisfied with just that.

3. This is the McVay era and, until further notice, "playoffs or bust" will be the norm.

4. Jared Goff played well, albeit with a couple of blips. Some really nice designed roll-outs produced very good results. Like to see more of that.

5. Robert Woods is an easy player to root for. Tough, smart, productive.

6. Todd Gurley's stiffarm was one of the year's highlights and, perhaps, the best still-photo moment of the year thus far.

7. Tyler Higbee... back to back 100 yard games... who knew?

8. And he would have had more (and an TD) if Cooper Kupp hadn't thrown a wounded duck!

9. Its amazing to think how much of this year turned on one missed FG. Had Zuerlein made the kick at the end of the game in Seattle, the Rams would be 9-4 with a firm hold on a Wild Card spot and would still have a shot at the division title.

10. When I saw the game @Dallas on the schedule, I thought "potential revenge game" for the Cowboys. Now, I think they're more concerned about holding their razor thin divisional lead and staying at .500.

11. I think the Cowboys are very beatable, by the way.

12. The Rams gave Dante Fowler, Jr., a "prove it" deal, and he's proving it.

13. Will we be able to afford to keep him, though?

14. There is a decent chance that Woods and Kupp will both surpass 1,000 yards next week.

15. Meanwhile, Brandin Cooks has largely disappeared. You have to wonder if he's 100%, or still gun shy from the recent concussions. I'm rooting for the guy.

16. The Rams' TEs have a combined 843 yards and 4 TDs. That's significant.

17. Samson Ebukam has played very well lately. Not sure if he's an ascending player, or just a tease.

18. Speaking of ascending players, I think Taylor Rapp is a guy who, after getting a year under his belt, could take a major leap as a second year player.

19. Its December... and the games still matter. Perhaps we've grown spoiled in the last few years, but that's still a big deal.

20. Keep it going!

by ziggy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I didn't get a good look at the Kupp throw in game. However, prior to the game, I definitely saw Kupp throw a 2-3 great zippy throws 40 yards, no problemo. On target and tight. I thought it was unusual and thought Kupp would make a great backup to the backups. Of course, this was under no pressure. I hope they continue to mix things up. It keeps it fun (for players and fans)... and the play was actually well designed.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

They posted a stat during the game that Woods, Gurley and Higbee were the first trio to each post 100+ scrimmage yards in back to back games since...well, a long time but I don't remember the date.

I'm hoping Higbee keeps it up but I imagine that he is the benefactor of defenses keying on other areas. Which is ultimately a good thing as long as the Rams can keep exploiting what the defense gives.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i still think on the back to back games that the rams offense scored a combined 63 points and put up 893 yards, for a 31.5/447 average, and lost both, 10-3 was so close, including a sweep of the hags and two additional nfc wins, alas...

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ziggy wrote:I didn't get a good look at the Kupp throw in game. However, prior to the game, I definitely saw Kupp throw a 2-3 great zippy throws 40 yards, no problemo. On target and tight. I thought it was unusual and thought Kupp would make a great backup to the backups. Of course, this was under no pressure. I hope they continue to mix things up. It keeps it fun (for players and fans)... and the play was actually well designed.

It was an ugly wounded duck albeit off the back of his foot a bit. But he needs to be able to make that throw.

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:1. Well... we're guaranteed a non-losing season.

2. Of course... nobody is satisfied with just that.

3. This is the McVay era and, until further notice, "playoffs or bust" will be the norm.

4. Jared Goff played well, albeit with a couple of blips. Some really nice designed roll-outs produced very good results. Like to see more of that.

5. Robert Woods is an easy player to root for. Tough, smart, productive.

6. Todd Gurley's stiffarm was one of the year's highlights and, perhaps, the best still-photo moment of the year thus far.

8. And he would have had more (and an TD) if Cooper Kupp hadn't thrown a wounded duck!

9. Its amazing to think how much of this year turned on one missed FG. Had Zuerlein made the kick at the end of the game in Seattle, the Rams would be 9-4 with a firm hold on a Wild Card spot and would still have a shot at the division title.

10. When I saw the game @Dallas on the schedule, I thought "potential revenge game" for the Cowboys. Now, I think they're more concerned about holding their razor thin divisional lead and staying at .500.

11. I think the Cowboys are very beatable, by the way.

12. The Rams gave Dante Fowler, Jr., a "prove it" deal, and he's proving it.

13. Will we be able to afford to keep him, though?

14. There is a decent chance that Woods and Kupp will both surpass 1,000 yards next week.

15. Meanwhile, Brandin Cooks has largely disappeared. You have to wonder if he's 100%, or still gun shy from the recent concussions. I'm rooting for the guy.

16. The Rams' TEs have a combined 843 yards and 4 TDs. That's significant.

17. Samson Ebukam has played very well lately. Not sure if he's an ascending player, or just a tease.

18. Speaking of ascending players, I think Taylor Rapp is a guy who, after getting a year under his belt, could take a major leap as a second year player.

19. Its December... and the games still matter. Perhaps we've grown spoiled in the last few years, but that's still a big deal.

20. Keep it going!

Good stuff, while I agonize over the missed FG, the Pittburgh hurts worse, bogus call and Rams just played awful. I knew that game was a must win. That being said the Rams are playing very well and would normally easily be a playoff team, except for the uber records this year. I do have a feeling we make it. But im only focusing on Dallas and we cannot take them for granted.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Buck the Cowgals.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great stuff as always @AvengerRam

I went thru it pretty quick but it appears that Wilson has only scored 7 points or less 6 times in his career (out of 125 games.)

And last night was the 3rd time it was at the hands of the Rams....

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

dieterbrock wrote:Great stuff as always @AvengerRam

I went thru it pretty quick but it appears that Wilson has only scored 7 points or less 6 times in his career (out of 125 games.)

And last night was the 3rd time it was at the hands of the Rams....

As I flew home from LA early, and I mean eeeearly this am - surrounded by hawk “fans” I hear what’s our record now? Man we really gotta worry about the Niners. That fan base STILL sees SF as the “rival”. Never mind how they have been flat owned by the Rams for the most part. I can tell you this; the hawks want no part of the Rams if that somehow happens in the playoffs-like in the NFCC.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The NFL is a week to week league. We still have a couple tough games coming up. The 49ers can be a bad matchup for us. For all we know the Cowboys could be a play or two from breaking out of their funk. Nothing comes easy. Plus, we need help. Some things we can control. Some we cannot.

With all of that, its sure beats the hell out of the pre McVay era when by this time our biggest debate was whether or not to tank for a better draft pick. Thank God those days are in the past.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024