242 posts
  • 24 / 25
 by Will0120
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Loved the fact that I made it to the next round but holy geez am I unlucky. Here are all my starters that got hurt just this freaking week and not projected or iffy to play next week:

Mike Evans
DJ Chark
Jared Cook

Plus the already injured starters:

TY Hilton
Evan Engram

And guess who I am playing? The highest scoring team and number 1 seed of the league...
Ouch...

by Indrid Cold
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Will0120 wrote:
Loved the fact that I made it to the next round but holy geez am I unlucky. Here are all my starters that got hurt just this freaking week and not projected or iffy to play next week:

Mike Evans
DJ Chark
Jared Cook

Plus the already injured starters:

TY Hilton
Evan Engram

And guess who I am playing? The highest scoring team and number 1 seed of the league...
Ouch...

You did just fine. Congrats. A well deserved victory and I'll be routing for you next week. Slightly early, but I know when I'm beat. Disappointing end to my season, but a lot of that going around today. I appreciate being invited to join and had a lot of fun playing in the RFU league this year. Only one thing left to do Will...win the whole damn thing!

by Will0120
4 years 4 months ago
Commissioner

In anticipation of the championship week of fantasy, I feel like it would be a huge disservice if I don't point out the massive turnaround/Cinderella story put together by @The Professor.

When good ol' Max left RFU in a huff after 5 weeks into the season, his fantasy team was left for dead at a record of 1-4. Since being taken over by the Professor. He has won 8 freaking regular season games in a row plus 2 playoff games. That boys and girls if you are bad at math, is a freaking 10 game winning streak. Going off by memory but I am pretty sure that is our league record in terms of winning streak.

It remains to be seen whether he will be able to pull off an 11th win in a row. I pray to the fantasy god that he does not. We shall see... 8-)

by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The dude's a ringer, next he'll wanna play for money.

So i missed the playoffs, barely, lost my consolation game by less than a point and now i'm still playing? A1 you're up next...

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I’d like to give a massive shout out to
@Indrid Cold

He won first place in the regular season, and that is no easy feat.

Cheers!!!

A super fun league here. My first time making the semi-finals, and it was a so much fun league.

Here is what happened last week. :cry2:

Congrats to the two left playing!!!
Attachments
DF30CA26-6A6B-4CB1-9FCB-1C133A8CA3B5.jpeg

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The dude's a ringer, next he'll wanna play for money.

So i missed the playoffs, barely, lost my consolation game by less than a point and now i'm still playing? A1 you're up next...

You are playing in the consolation round.

In the leagues I Commish, the winner of that round gets the first draft pick.

I do that to make the Consolation Round matter.

Not sure if Will does that.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:
In anticipation of the championship week of fantasy, I feel like it would be a huge disservice if I don't point out the massive turnaround/Cinderella story put together by @The Professor.

When good ol' Max left RFU in a huff after 5 weeks into the season, his fantasy team was left for dead at a record of 1-4. Since being taken over by the Professor. He has won 8 freaking regular season games in a row plus 2 playoff games. That boys and girls if you are bad at math, is a freaking 10 game winning streak. Going off by memory but I am pretty sure that is our league record in terms of winning streak.

It remains to be seen whether he will be able to pull off an 11th win in a row. I pray to the fantasy god that he does not. We shall see... 8-)

And Max took the team from me when I wasn’t 100% on committing so I’m taking full credit here. Lol

by Will0120
4 years 3 months ago
Commissioner

RedAlice wrote:You are playing in the consolation round.

In the leagues I Commish, the winner of that round gets the first draft pick.

I do that to make the Consolation Round matter.

Not sure if Will does that.

That's certainly an intriguing way of adding some spice to the consolation round. I haven't noticed an option like that in Yahoo. Is it Yahoo that you have that setting in?

by Elvis
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

What a thrill, just beat Aeneas on the strength of Mason Crosby's leg 64-60 to wrap up 9th place. I hope i never come down from this high.

Also congrats to @theprofessor (IrvinePraciceField) for coming in first which i guess is good too...

by RedAlice
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:That's certainly an intriguing way of adding some spice to the consolation round. I haven't noticed an option like that in Yahoo. Is it Yahoo that you have that setting in?

Yahoo let’s you either random or set draft order.

I do a random draft order thingy (not yahoo) to set the order. Then input the consolation winner to first.

The random draft thingy is fully public and you can email and post the results.

So, I’m setting the yahoo draft order based on that. It is work for the Commish, but it’s fun for the league.

• 24 / 25
242 posts Apr 19 2024