9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:I couldn't record the game because it wasn't broadcast here, so I can't go back and focus on the oline as much as I like to.
It looked like the oline did a solid job.. Edwards, obviously, had some struggles. What about the other young guys?
Seemed like they were getting some decent interior push and that the run game continues to evolve in that way. Even Gurley seems to be developing a little more patience inside.

Would really love to hear specific observations on Corbett, Blythe, Edwards and Evans.

I am in the same boat as you, couldnt DVR. My quick response, was a good overall game by the o-line, good holes and Goff had to time to survey the field.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:specific observations on Corbett, Blythe, Edwards and Evans.

They went up against the Arizona Cardinals D-Line. I wish we played more defenses like them.

by /zn/
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

They did well. You;re not supposed to be able to play if you replace 3 injured starters. And, at that level of OL depletion, it usually would not matter who they played. Teams struggle with that level of OL disruption. And that's after losing a 2018 starter to free agency and cutting another. I mean, they lost 5 guys. Now 4 positions are manned by replacements (including Blythe slidiing to center). Teams usually don't have depth like that. Arizona or no Arizona, teams usually can't play under those conditions. Or it's very rare anyway.

And. They came through. Edwards's penalties aside.

As luck would have it, the Rams happened to have that level of OL disruption after they had made efforts to rebuild the 2020 OL. 5 draft picks in 2 years then a trade for guy #6. The 3 new starters just had to step in earlier than planned.

I don't know how well they will do against the strong defenses they will soon face, and they did stumble against the Ravens. But here's what it looks like. These are capable players, and even if they have some rough games in the remainder of 2019, them playing now puts the Rams way ahead for line building in 2020.

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Needs: athletic OC
Evans - LOVE WHAT I SEE
Edwards - good early, needs technique help, gonna be a great guard
Blythe - see above, back up at best
Whit - getting it done for now. Hope Boom comes back and can supplant him and be a better LOT.
HAV - sucks. Both not strong and not athletic. Sorry. Need improvement here.
Corbett - a fuckin man. Athletically challenged but strong as fuck at the point of attack.

We need a couple solid bodies for sure. But this Current combo can win games.

by sloramfan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

they (the newbies on the O-line) were pretty good again tonight...

seahawks never really mustered up a consistent pass rush, but maybe that plataued coach, or problematic QB, might have had something to do with their performance...

i like what i'm seeing...

just win baby..

go rams

slo

by ramsman34
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

A lot more inside runs/zone. More rollouts and back to the misdirection /jet action that was so successful prior. The held up very well. Run game got off. JG had time - no sacks. Clean game all around, frankly. They are better than our staring o line of the first part of the season. And McVay keeps them in winnable situations/play calls. Gonna be fun to see if we get in. We do, and other teams are gonna have a problem with us.

by ramsrams
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Scheming around turning over 80 per cent positionally of the OL is a tough road.

You have to figure it out on the fly.

Rooks are doing as well as can be expected so far. Better than that, actually.

Maybe Kromer knows what he is doing.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

All I know is, this particular unit is doing much better than the previous one. I don't focus on line play when I watch the game. I tend to remember when a lineman's name is called. That is usually because they're making mistakes. I didn't hear Evans or Edwards names being mentioned. To this untrained eye, Evans looks to be a pretty good right tackle for a 3rd round rookie.

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3936  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:A lot more inside runs/zone. More rollouts and back to the misdirection /jet action that was so successful prior. The held up very well. Run game got off. JG had time - no sacks. Clean game all around, frankly. They are better than our staring o line of the first part of the season. And McVay keeps them in winnable situations/play calls. Gonna be fun to see if we get in. We do, and other teams are gonna have a problem with us.

I also think this line is better than the one we started the year with. So far Blythe as center has really made a huge difference and these bigger guards have been a nice additions as well. I really hope we stick with Evans at RT, IMO much more athletic than Havs.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 16 2024