25 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by /zn/
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:Look how the Ravens were smart enough to taylor their O to maximize Lamar's talent. That's a coach smart enough to realize he has a generational guy who is elite. Harbaugh runs an entirely different scheme than he did just last year with slow footed Flacco.
Wade comes here and sticks with his 3-4 D (which is not nearly as effective as his past D's were). I like Wade..........but he is no longer the defensive guru he once was.
Aaron is THE best D tackle to ever play this game....we have been very inconsistent on D...and we are not an elite rush D to boot.
I say, change it up! Go Rams!!
JMHO

THe Rams HAVE maximized AD's talent.

He plays a 3-tech. He did it in a 3/4 and in a 4/3. Nothing changes for him. In the 4/3 he played 3-tech between an NT and a 3-point DE. In the 3/4 he plays 3-5 tech between an NT and a stand-up end. Same difference, except you can use more deception with the 3/4.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:In. The. Same. Scheme.

yes same scheme ... well sort of ... Donald doesn't have the same people around him this year as he did last year. 20 sacks is glitzy yes ... but his sack production isn't glamorous this year.

I find it glamorous that Donald is double teamed on every play. I'd be curious to know how many double teams this year vs last year.

I don't think that Donald's play has gone down ... sacks don't tell the story

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Donald's the only DT in the top ten. He'll end up double digits in sacks again. Probably after tonight. That's pretty darn good. But a down year by his standards. Remember when people thought Suh's ten sacks his rookie year was really good for a DT? Donald's gonna have double digit sacks for the 4th time.

by sloramfan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

"what the fuck games have the critics been watching"...

exactly.. he's all over the place..

so think about it.. they have to change blocking scheme, or play call, every time AD is not where he's supposed to be, and the rams know this and call their own defensive play with this in mind...

go rams

slo

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

We’ve been wanting more from the other guys who should be taking advantage of the doubling and tripling of AD, now we are getting it. Fowler is having a career year and if Clay hadn’t gotten hurt he might have double digit sacks too, and Ebukam and Obo are making plays too. So, if your objective is to apply pressure then the Rams are doing that, they have 2 more sacks than they had all last year despite AD having a lot fewer.
Last year if you could slow down Donald you were doing good, this year there are 2 other guys hitting the qb besides Donald.
It was great to see him chase the record last year but last night Wilson was surrounded for much of the game which is what you want to see.

• 3 / 3
25 posts Apr 15 2024