25 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The next 3 weeks are going to define our season. Are we on the up or not?
It's getting down to it on national TV again. Close strong, get on a roll.

Hunch: - - - our young hogs are going to surprise us and we'll see the rise of Gurley up the middle.

by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   90  
United States of America   West Covina Native living in Wa State
Practice Squad

I really think it comes down to the LB talent on the roster but in general I like the 4-3 with a rotation of fresh, functional guys that have a stud or two peppered in there.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Hunch: - - - our young hogs are going to surprise us and we'll see the rise of Gurley up the middle.

I like the way you think. I've had the same guy feeling for this part of the season since the early going in the pre-season when they said that Gurley's reps would be monitored.

Going 9-7 or 14-2 doesn't matter if your horses can go in the playoffs.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
Superstar

FredsDryer wrote:I really think it comes down to the LB talent on the roster
Yes, but does the chicken come first or does the egg? Do we work the scheme around the LBs or do you acquire the LBs to fit the scheme?

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:Well... they *have* the LBs for the 3-4.
So.. are you talking about changing back?
I don't have a preference, as I believe that AD is the best ever in a 3-4 or 4-3. The 3-4 pretty much cuts down on the glamour of sack stats .. (which the untrained eye translates into poor performance).

I'm happy as long as the supporting cast fits the scheme.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:20+ sacks last year. I don’t understand how it cuts down on “glamour stats”.
and how many this year?

by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   90  
United States of America   West Covina Native living in Wa State
Practice Squad

BobCarl wrote:Yes, but does the chicken come first or does the egg? Do we work the scheme around the LBs or do you acquire the LBs to fit the scheme?

GREAT question for people that get paid ridiculous amounts of money to watch a lot of film and do their best with the talent they are provided. It seems to me that all defensive wizards bring their system with them no matter where they go because they want to be able to implement it consistently. Teams have changed their defense in the past to the talent but not any of the guru-legend-bruce-lee-jedi D coordinators.

by safer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
Pro Bowl

Look how the Ravens were smart enough to taylor their O to maximize Lamar's talent. That's a coach smart enough to realize he has a generational guy who is elite. Harbaugh runs an entirely different scheme than he did just last year with slow footed Flacco.
Wade comes here and sticks with his 3-4 D (which is not nearly as effective as his past D's were). I like Wade..........but he is no longer the defensive guru he once was.
Aaron is THE best D tackle to ever play this game....we have been very inconsistent on D...and we are not an elite rush D to boot.
I say, change it up! Go Rams!!
JMHO

• 2 / 3
25 posts Apr 16 2024