20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by rather
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

That's a good question! If they beat Seattle then I suppose I could believe it as a possibility. Till then, nope

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Basically, if they lose a couple games and miss out, the way I see it they didn't deserve it anyway. Just one of those down years. But if they win enough to get in, I don't know what our chances would be after that. I do know it means they got some things figured out and could be one of those dangerous teams division winners don't want to play.

by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Rams have to beat Dallas and Seattle
Minnesota has to lose to one of Chargers, Lions, Bears

Given: Rams beat Cardinals, lose to SF; MN loses to GB

That's the clearest path

There are 7 teams vying for 5 spots. The Saints have the South. Dallas and Philadelphia are going for the NFC East and nothing more. Gotta believe SF or Seattle win the West and the other is a Wild Card. Green Bay and Minnesota going for the North with Chicago having an outside chance. And the Rams, Vikings/Packers and Bears searching for a wild card spot.

Realistically we need Chicago and Green Bay to beat Minnesota and we can go 3-1 to finish in a Wild Card spot. We'd own a tiebreaker over Chicago if they win out and the Vikings if they lose to 2 NFC teams (but I'm not sure how we'd fare in a 3 way tie with they and Minnesota). So we need to finish strong, if not win out and get some help.

They're all important games the last 4 weeks but there is still wiggle room, depending on how the North shakes out.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Just watch,,, the Rams do exactly what they have to do. They win out. They get on a roll at the right time. They smoke into the playoffs (now familiar territory) and fight to keep the momentum . . . . . . . .

by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   90  
United States of America   West Covina Native living in Wa State
Practice Squad

rather wrote:Rams have to beat Dallas and Seattle
Minnesota has to lose to one of Chargers, Lions, Bears

Given: Rams beat Cardinals, lose to SF; MN loses to GB

That's the clearest path

Yep and I think Minnesota could drop two.. its not that much of a reach.

I do not think losing to SF is a given, after beating the Seahawks they will still be in the running for a 2 seed and challenging the Whiners. Jimmy Gropemlo has not played in a game of real consquences, ever.. I think they are losing to the Rams and Seahawks.

by sloramfan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

jimmy gropemlo...LMAO

go rams

slo

by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Yo, Pennsylvania....I thought your annual southward migration to FLA always put you in Key Largo!! :?
Venice!!??? Who knew? :lol2:

Like in your other post where you foresaw Minnesota going 2-2 in their final 4 Regular Season games this season.....I concur. IMHO, their overpriced QB Cousins looks even more inconsistent than our overpriced QB Goff! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

Seriously, Los Ramos coaching staff have to have our guys ready to play tough and efficient, in all 3 phase, to have a chance at making the 2019 NFL Playoffs......and to date, the staff has been unable to pull that trick off.

Even with AllWorld Jalen Ramsey, our D looked totally impotent against the Ravens.....I mean, 6 Raven TDs in their first six drives!! :shock2: :arrow2: :oops2: As aeneas1 would say...."Mama Mia!!!" :cry2:

We shall see what unfolds, but I reiterate my call for our 73 year old DC,
Wade TheOldMan&TheDee Phillips, to step down after this Rams season ends. To paraphrase Jerrah Jones....

"We have to much talent assembled on the Rams D to be experiencing THIS MUCH FRUSTRATION!"

I just do not think a 73 year old smart guy is going to be able to consistently compete against 40 year old smart guys. Wade Phillips has had a very distinguished NFL career, but he just served up the Worst Point Deficit Loss in the history of the Rams in Los Angeles. Sorry....but that's Jimbo Hazlett 0-40 at HalfTime versus the 2008 NY Jets territory, sportsfans!!! :x :arrow2: :evil2:

It is time to bring in a Ram DC who actually has a pulse!! :idea2:

Not, Key Largo. Islamorada and Key West. Then I started staying in Venice and visiting Islamorada and Key West. It's a lot cheaper that way!

Ever since you started calling for Sonofabum's head, I've watched games and thought, "yeah, Canuck is right. He's been around since Coryell and Walsh and Shanahan and Martz, etc. ". And then there are games like SF and Pittsburgh where the defense was stressed by our lack of offense. Then I watch his defense throttle Seattle (in a huge game) and I think, "yeah he's been around since Coryell, Walsh, Shanahan, Martz, etc. so there isn't anything he hasn't seen (and in some cases, throttled), so why not let him hang around?" He did have our defense playing better in the Superbowl, than they did against Seattle, SF, Pittsburgh, etc, so he's capable of putting a good defense on the field, particularly in big games. Let's see how his D plays down the stretch.

I'll excuse Baltimore because they are pretty good and call Tampa Bay an anomaly but the rest of the games went like this: 9 pts, 13, 10, 10, 17, 7, 7, 12, 20, 27 and 29. We lost 2 of those last 3 but Z makes that FG in Seattle and our offense shows up against SF could have made those a sweep. I don't care if those low scoring games are against Seattle, New England or East Jabumfook St., those 11 games (excluding Baltimore and Tampa) should have all been wins.

Anyway, I'll reserve the right to change my mind after the last 3 weeks. :D

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Hey PA!
Thank you for the correction on your South Florida location! Swiss Family Canuck did some timesharing down there (usually condos in Pompano Beach//Fort Lauderdale) when our daughters were teenagers. We've also stayed at Key West a few times.....our eldest Katrina claims she's going to live there someday! 8-) Great scenery, great food, fun people.....what's not to like in the Florida Keys eh!!??

I always tell people that Key West is the only West Indies Island you can drive to....113 miles over 42 bridges from Miami and you end up in the southernmost point of the Continental USA in Key West.....
AND ONLY 90 MILES FROM HAVANA, CUBA!! :shock2:

From the six-toed kittens at Hemmingway House, to the Hog's Breath Inn, to Sunset catamaran rides (read...."booze cruise" :lol2: ), to the Duval Street experience (which for my money beats sloppy Bourbon Street in N'Awlins offerings), the Conch Republic of Key West has always been one of this Canuck's favorite spots!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

Enjoy yourself down there Pennsylvania....
and Best of The Yuletide Season to you and yours!! ;)

Canuck

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

If I were not busy, which I am, and I could get cheap seats, which I can't, I would be very tempted to go the the Charger game with my Ram gear on and cheer on the bolts.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Hey PA!
We've also stayed at Key West a few times Great scenery, great food, fun people.....what's not to like in the Florida Keys eh!!??

Love that place. Just don't sit on the bar stools up at the Bull & Whistle Bar on the roof. Ever !

I always tell people that Key West is the only West Indies Island you can drive to....113 miles over 42 bridges from Miami and you end up in the southernmost point of the Continental USA in Key West.....
AND ONLY 90 MILES FROM HAVANA, CUBA!! :shock2:

Yep. I like the South end more than Mallory. Louie's Backyard and the AfterDeck is a great spot. All the beaches are over on that side too. Higgs, Smathers and the Navy base at Truman.

From the six-toed kittens at Hemmingway House, to the Hog's Breath Inn, to Sunset catamaran rides (read...."booze cruise" :lol2: ), to the Duval Street experience (which for my money beats sloppy Bourbon Street in N'Awlins offerings), the Conch Republic of Key West has always been one of this Canuck's favorite spots!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

That boose cruise is fun stuff. And what sunsets.. Also don't forget to hang some underwear at Captain Tony's, (the original Sloppy Joes and Hemmingway's favorite hangout) right around the corner from Hog's Breath.
Me, I love the architecture.

And if not in Key West or at Sombrero Beach on Marathon, Islamorada is the place. I usually stay at the Cheeka Lodge or down at the Chesapeake Resort. Catch some fish and they'll cook it up for you at Lazy Daze right on the coral sand. Sunset's to die for at the Lorelei.

Dig the Overseas Hwy PA !! It's really weird to see telephone poles lined up coming out of the ocean 50 miles off shore..

Enjoy yourself down there Pennsylvania....
and Best of The Yuletide Season to you and yours!! ;)

Canuck

20190227_181337.jpg

20190227_183302.jpg

20190226_215819.jpg

20190226_215734.jpg
20190226_190639.jpg

1.jpg

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 16 2024