45 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:Not true. The provider I use buys all of his channels. The copyright law was written in the 1960's when streaming did not exist. Until the law is modified it is not illegal. I made sure before venturing into this. You do not need a VPN. You are not downloading just streaming.

No, they did not buy the channels for others to watch. You went looking for a loophole and that example you use is shaky at best.

It’s like the argument with Napster years ago. Yes, someone else paid for the original material, but not for the rights to redistribute: either for free or a fee.

When you pay Disney+ to watch The Mandalorian, Amazon Prime to watch Thursday Night Football or Netflix to watch The Irishman the original content creators are receiving payment. And that was meant for you and your family to watch on your devices.

With IPTV the original content creators are not receiving the money for the viewers that watching.

Just read this IPTV “provider” page and there’s all sorts of red flags.

https://troypoint.com/iptv/

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsfan1977 wrote:Not true. The provider I use buys all of his channels. The copyright law was written in the 1960's when streaming did not exist. Until the law is modified it is not illegal. I made sure before venturing into this. You do not need a VPN. You are not downloading just streaming.

How stable is it? Is the interface user friendly? How much pressure is there by the networks to get those laws changed? Cyberspace is still the wild west but the sheriff is eventually going to come to town. I guess the investment is small. Some don't enjoy the learning curves.
One TV revolution , comin up.

by Ramsdude
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:How stable is it? Is the interface user friendly? How much pressure is there by the networks to get those laws changed? Cyberspace is still the wild west but the sheriff is eventually going to come to town. I guess the investment is small. Some don't enjoy the learning curves.
One TV revolution , comin up.

Some IPTV's are better than others. I can give you some suggestions to look into if you want.

Interface is usually very friendly and easy to follow. You can even set up favorites that you watch more than others. Some IPTV's even offer a "catchup" feature similar to a DVR.

I would imagine the Networks don't like it lol but not much they can do about it right now. Maybe down the road. However, if they "go after" anyone, it will be the IPTV providers, not the customers.

This is NOT like Napster. Napster allowed people to download and re-use music. When streaming you are not"saving" anything for re-use. It's a "stream" not a file.

I have 3 different IPTV's and pay a combined $35 a month. Some will even offer a free trial for 24 hours. You can pay monthly (most use Paypal) and can stop anytime. No contracts.

Hope that helps!

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Interesting email I got from DirecTV today.

Enjoy 2020 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX
on us!
We’re big fans of yours. That’s why we’re including this special offer—NFL SUNDAY TICKET* in your DIRECTV package for the remainder of this NFL season and for the 2020 NFL season.**

This Sunday, December 8th, and for the rest of the year, tune to channels 701–715 and enjoy all NFL SUNDAY TICKET has to offer. You’ll be #SundayReady every week of the season.

You get it all, just for being an amazing DIRECTV customer.

• Every out-of-market game (select int’l games excluded)
• RED ZONE CHANNEL®
• DIRECTV FANTASY ZONE® CHANNEL

There’s nothing you need to do. Keep enjoying your DIRECTV and you’ll get to see every tackle and touchdown the NFL has to offer—starting this Sunday!

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Interesting email I got from DirecTV today.

I got the same email, but don’t have Directtv anymore

• 5 / 5
45 posts Apr 15 2024