16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38456  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

All true but 2010 was Spags not Fisher. 7-9 was the pinnacle of his career whereas Fisher could do 7-9 in his sleep, still amazes me how much better Fisher was than Spagnulo or Linehan while still being utterly sub par. The bottom was very low...

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Jerry has it so tough. I feel bad for the poor guy.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:

Memories. Bulger could hurl it. Still the StL reference trips me out . . .

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

also strange but still true:
toughest schedule faced ranking - seattle 3rd, cowboys 31st (only the bills have faced a softer sos than the cowboys)... also, the cowboys haven't scored more points than the seahawks, unless you're comparing the 13 games the cowboys have played TO the 12 games the seahawks have played.

Elvis wrote:

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I think they really need to re-think the playoff system. I wouldn't mind going with the best 12 records period but I'm sure that would be too drastic. But they should at least have the best records from each conference. The tradition of division winners is outdated. A team's division record is only 6/16 games and should be secondary to the overall record.

Back when it was the East vs. West and there were 6 team divisions and a 12 game schedule...the division record really meant something. As the years have gone by though, the percentages have kept going down and we're now at a point where the division record is relatively meaningless.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Apr 19 2024