61 posts
  • 3 / 7
 by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   90  
United States of America   West Covina Native living in Wa State
Practice Squad

Man.. its only Friday? COME ON.. then we have to wait the ENTIRE day Sunday before the game starts? I guess I should do my job or some other tasks around the house to provide a distraction. Rams need this one and they are going to get it.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

FredsDryer wrote:Man.. its only Friday? COME ON.. then we have to wait the ENTIRE day Sunday before the game starts? I guess I should do my job or some other tasks around the house to provide a distraction. Rams need this one and they are going to get it.

I too have a feeling they are going to get this one done. The door is opening and we need to rip it of it's hinges.

Dig your avatar !

1.jpg

by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

FredsDryer wrote:I am old. I am not talking Jim Everett old, I am talking Pat Haden old so I have a permanent etching in my heart. I am so old that I actually did have Willie Anderson and Jim Everett on my Fantasy football team the year they lit up the Saints on an ESPN evening game for 3 touchdowns. It was 1989 Back then we did it on paper and only counted TDs, too bad because those 300+ yards would have been therapuetic.

I was a ClanRam member back in 'Nam but I left it. This forum is exceptional, totally love the interface, the look and the freedom. No point in being part of another.

Nice to have you here.

You probably noticed our board software forces your avatar to be a square so it looks squished when you start with one that isn't. The solution is to start with a square avatar...

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago

@FredsDryer , , , you can try this one.

1a.jpg

by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
Practice Squad

Hacksaw wrote:I too have a feeling they are going to get this one done. The door is opening and we need to rip it of it's hinges.

Dig your avatar !

1.jpg

Oh... I LOVED that show.

by FredsDryer
4 years 4 months ago
Practice Squad

Hacksaw wrote:@FredsDryer , , , you can try this one.

1a.jpg

I really wanted to get the VW Bus in there. I am working to find something more accomodating. There was like an NFL special, YEARS ago that featured Dryer moving out to LA and driving the VW bus. Topless, cutoffs, bare feet with the NFL films folks covering it. Dryer was MADE for LA.

by Elvis
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Media Availability - Dec. 6, 2019

(Opening Remarks)
“Injury-wise, we will rule (TE) Gerald Everett out today. Then, with (T) Rob (Havenstein) he’ll be listed as doubtful for the game everybody else will be good to go.”

(On if he thinks Everett’s injury will be ongoing)
“Really, I’m not sure. It’s one of those deals, like we’ve been day-to-day with him. He’s a skilled athlete, so when you’re talking about something like the knee, you want to make sure he is fully functional – able to put his foot in the ground and separate – we’re just not at that point yet. That doesn’t mean you can’t make a turn quickly. A lot of it is predicated on, all right, (Director of Sports Medicine and Performance) Reggie (Scott) and his group, and then also the feedback that we’re getting from Gerald and knowing what kind of athlete he is and his best way to be able to contribute. It’s kind of what lead into that decision to leave him out this week as well.”

(On if he is going with WR Nsimba Webster and RB Darrell Henderson Jr. at the returner positions)
“Yes.”

(On if the Rams look different defensively since the first time playing the Seahawks this season)
“No, I wouldn’t say that. We’ve been able to do some different things. Each week, I think what our guys have done a nice job of is, you know, you still have your core philosophies and foundational things that you utilize in most weeks. Then, you also have some specific packages that you can use to try to slow down whatever they are presenting personnel group-wise and things like that. We do have some different things that we’ve been able to do to maximize the skillset that (Ccool smiley Jalen (Ramsey) brings and then what that does for our defense overall. It’s not like a totally different foundational kind of philosophy and approach.”

(On K Greg Zuerlein having three field goals and did he say anything to him about missing his last field goal)
“He’s so hard on himself. I thought the special thing about that – if you guys remember after the game – was just the support he had from his teammates. One play, even if it’s the final play, sometimes can determine the outcome, but there is a lot of things that lead up to it getting down to that. Because of the sequence in which it comes, sometimes there could be a lot of stress placed on that, or okay, it’s one or the other. There is a lot of games, there’s a lot of plays in that game that could have gone differently, maybe that alter and affect the outcome. You never let one play define your thoughts on players on offense and defense. I think you want to try to be consistent with that, with the kicker position, especially with somebody like him that’s been so clutch – done such a great job – especially since I’ve been able to work with Greg. I think you want to be able to support guys and trust them as they move forward and let them do that and know that it’s a part of the game. The tough times won’t go on as long as you respond the right way.”

(On if he said anything to K Greg Zuerlein after the first Seattle game)
“Sometimes it’s not saying anything, just putting your arms around him. I can remember seeing a picture of he and (Rcool smiley Todd (Gurley II) walking into the locker room. Sometimes you see a lot better than you hear. You could just see the support. Everybody on our team knows that, that play could of maybe changed the outcome, but Greg is not why we didn’t win that last game. There’s a lot of things that led to it coming down to one final play. There’s some things that I think everybody looks at themselves and says, ‘What can I do better throughout the course of the game? If I played 60 snaps, what are some of the decisions that I could have made or some of the different coaches.’ That’s what we want to be able to do and the that’s what we will continue to do.”

(On if he has an appreciation for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and if he watches him even when the Rams are playing him)
“I think the greatest thing about being in this role – you guys know now for a couple of years – I’m a fan of the game. Anytime that you see elite competitors, you see guys that make plays, certainly you don’t want to see him against us. You look at the touchdown pass that he (Russell Wilson) and (Seahawks WR Tyler) Lockett connected on. You’re thinking when you see it in live action there’s no way. Then when you see it on the replay and you’re thinking to yourself, ‘Well, there’s really not much you can do.’ That’s an unbelievable play right there. I’m a fan of the game, but hopefully I’m not a fan of to many plays that he has this weekend. He’s a great player. I love football and I love seeing good football and certainly this team has a lot of guys that exemplify that.”

(On what he thinks has been going on with Seahawks WR Josh Gordon and if he is still a guy that the Rams have to plan for)
“Oh, yeah. He’s a dangerous player I can’t speak to what goes on there. I can just speak to the fact that they are a very productive offense. They’ve got great weapons. Then even when you just look at what (Seahawks WR) Josh (Gordon) has done, whether it be earlier this year in New England, whether it be over the course of his career and even in a couple of plays that he’s made in his first game that he was active catching some third downs – different things like that. He’s a guy that can play, but they’ve got a lot of guys that can play. He’s somebody we have to be aware of for sure.”

(On how Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny changed the backfield for Seattle as far as what he can do)
“They utilize him the same way, where they’re committed to a philosophy. They are both great runners. Obviously, they liked him so much, where he’s got the speed factor. You saw in the game against us last year, the second time, he made his presence felt. Both of those guys, I think they complement each other well, but they can really do all the same things that they do in a normal game with how they want to run it. You see pop a trap for 60 yards against Philly a couple of weeks ago. You see them running physical between the tackles on some of their offset, gun, downhill plays. Then obviously, (RB Chris) Carson has had a lot of production. He’s a violent runner. We’ve got make sure we tackle really well in this game against both of those guys.”

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago

FredsDryer wrote:I really wanted to get the VW Bus in there. I am working to find something more accomodating. There was like an NFL special, YEARS ago that featured Dryer moving out to LA and driving the VW bus. Topless, cutoffs, bare feet with the NFL films folks covering it. Dryer was MADE for LA.

Those are the Rams I remember so so well. I fell in love with the team in the Gabriel days, , but those teams in Dryer's era were really good. Awesome era. Hacksaw is a clue , , lol.

7 seasons for Fred as Hunter. That's pretty good. Almost got canceled until they changed producers, , but that's LA.

Dig the VW van in the video and totally get why the avi photo lost some of it's character. Thought the same thing.

GO RAMS !!!

• 3 / 7
61 posts Apr 16 2024