11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by bremillard
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I know the Cardinal defense is porous but I saw flashes of brilliance from Jared yesterday that I haven't seen much this season. Gurley looked good as well. We, as Rams fans, are really experiencing an odd season. Wonder which team/quarterback will show up for Seattle?

by actionjack
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

bremillard wrote:I know the Cardinal defense is porous but I saw flashes of brilliance from Jared yesterday that I haven't seen much this season. Gurley looked good as well. We, as Rams fans, are really experiencing an odd season. Wonder which team/quarterback will show up for Seattle?

He is the same QB, its called the offensive line. If they dont get dominated/beat Goff can play very well, when under constant pressure not so much (like all QB's). I say if anything Goff has missed some throws he we would normally make, but the rest is close. Its all about the lines

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

And he just turned 25.
25!!!
Joe Montana was 25 when he had 4 turnovers in an NFC Championship game and somehow became a hero when he tried to throw the ball away…

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I've always felt if you gave the 32 starting QB's good protection and decent receivers, while they all would do well, Goff would stand out among most of them and be top 5. I think he has that much arm talent. But when the protection breaks down, Goff turns into a bottom ten QB in my opinion. He doesn't see the field as well and makes mistakes. Since he's only 25 and facing difficult situations for the first time since his rookie year, I'm hoping he will work through that and get better. McVay has to help with that too. I didn't care for not feeding Gurley the first two times they got in the redzone. They need to at least try to run more when they get down closer to the goal.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

This game felt a lot like the last Cardinals game of 2018. Goff was struggling and McVay made a point of trying to get him back on track against a terrible defense. It's understandable and at least it was a confidence builder. But I still worry about the little things. Goff was still throwing to the wrong shoulder to wide open receivers yesterday. Didn't matter against the creampuff secondary of the Cardinals but that is the type of thing that will be the difference between winning and losing against most other defenses.

Sadly, I'd say that not much was different about what the Rams were doing, they just had the luxury of doing it against a really good matchup/poor pass defense. It was nice seeing all the McVay plays working again but I'm skeptical of it being because they fixed anything.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:He is the same QB, its called the offensive line. If they dont get dominated/beat Goff can play very well, when under constant pressure not so much (like all QB's). I say if anything Goff has missed some throws he we would normally make, but the rest is close. Its all about the lines

the cards rushed 4 most of the day, and on the 3rd & 8 td pass to kupp they rushed 3 and dropped 8... point is, mcvay still needs to show that he can counter 6-1 fronts and disguised blitzes imo, which is what a lot of teams have thrown at the rams this season, for whatever reason the cards didn't follow the blueprint and instead stuck with their 3-4.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:the cards rushed 4 most of the day, and on the 3rd & 8 td pass to kupp they rushed 3 and dropped 8... point is, mcvay still needs to show that he can counter 6-1 fronts and disguised blitzes imo, which is what a lot of teams have thrown at the rams this season, for whatever reason the cards didn't follow the blueprint and instead stuck with their 3-4.
And, credit where it's due, that pass was risky as hell but amazing. Not every QB can decide to throw that and have the arm strength to get it past the DB.

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I'm skeptical
...therefore you am.

(Apologies to Descartes and grammar teachers everywhere.)

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:And, credit where it's due, that pass was risky as hell but amazing. Not every QB can decide to throw that and have the arm strength to get it past a perennial all-pro, pro-bowl, future shoe-in hall of famer DB.

fixed.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:"elaborated"
No amount of praise is ever enough, is it?

• 1 / 2
11 posts Apr 19 2024